- I got some great news this week and I just wanted to share it with all of the awesome people that visit my bloggythingamajig. I wrote about my friend Jeff last year, who was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. Well thanks to chemotherapy and a major surgery that removed a good chunk of his liver, he beat the odds and is now cancer free and I couldn't be happier for him. He has beat cancer twice now. I think he deserves a clean bill of health for an extremely long time.
- Remember this name, Trevor Noah. He's one funny dude. Here's a link to a clip from YouTube about tacos that might make you pee your pants.
- Kyle found a loophole in my tree rule. I told him if he climbed the tree in the backyard I would build him a treehouse. Well he climbed a tree. Not the one I was talking about but I do admire his ingenuity.
- I forget how much of a sponge Hayden is and she never ceases to surprise me as to what she has absorbed. I told her it was time for bed last night and she just looked at me with a big smile, held up a couple of fingers, and said "Two more minutes." Her birth certificate says she is 2 but I don't believe it sometimes.
- Well I better name drop Mrs. Shife since she's amazing and she lets me sleep in every now and then.
- Ragnar Lodbrok is one bad dude. I started watching season 1 of Vikings (thank you Amazon Prime) and it's awesome. It is really helping me deal with the Game of Thrones void in my life.
- Did you ever hear of a polar vortex before this week? I heard a comedian call it a snowman gang bang and I do believe that is a more memorable name.
- By the way, you are awesome. You don't believe me? Just ask Tank.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
A big congrats to Jeff! And you better watch out, soon your kids will be outwitting you on a daily basis :-)ReplyDelete
That's really great news on your friend. I'm glad to hear it. There was already a good sized playset built in the yard when we moved here, so I don't have to worry about building something for Colin.ReplyDelete
Matt, thank you. That is good news about your friend. Hey, you've given me great hope vis-a-vis hubby's cancer problem.ReplyDelete
How about young Kyle! I hope he gets his treehouse. And I see Hayden has her head screwed on right... good on ya, little gal. We know Mrs Shife is amazing, after all just what gorgeous kids she produced.
thanks tank. you're awesome too!ReplyDelete
That is great news about Jeff beating the odds. Nice to hear some good news with all the bad news we get beat with every day.ReplyDelete
And that comedian is hilarious. I snorted when he talked about squeezing it too hard and juices going everywhere.
Teach him loopholes suck, build it in THAT tree.ReplyDelete
Just kidding, I had a great tree house when I was a kid, I still appreciate the effort my dad put into it.
I love Tank ;-)ReplyDelete