Some things I done did this week:
- Attended my third sober curious meeting. I have always enjoyed drinking beer but lately, it feels like I have been enjoying it a little too much. There's a history of addiction in my family as well so I thought I should talk to someone about it. I did and I have come to the realization that I might be better off taking a break and seeing how I feel so that is what I am doing. It has been 18 days now and I feel pretty good. I am still not sure where this path is going to take me but I am just taking it one day at a time because that is what is working for me right now.
- I have had a great many positives from not drinking like sleeping a lot better and not feeling shame/guilt for drinking too much but I have picked up quite the sweet tooth since I gave up the sauce. First, it was all of the leftover Halloween candy, then I switched to peanut butter M&Ms and now I am taking care of business with ice cream. I am hoping this is only temporary.
- The amazing and wonderful Hayden turns 11 on Monday so we are in a mad scramble to get everything ready for her big day. We are feeling pretty good but she decided at the last minute she wanted a shark cake so I am not sure if that is going to come together but we will do our best. I realized after I typed that last sentence that it is probably not that normal for a soon-to-be-11-year-old to want a shark cake but she wants to be a marine biologist and rooted for Bruce the shark in "Jaws."
- Realized a properly motivated basset hound doesn't give a rat's furry little butt if I yell "Come" in different tones, styles, or languages so we are going to have to take her training up a notch for her safety and my sanity.
- Watching "The Middle" with the family before we call it a day. It is a show we all enjoy, which is hard to find these days, so I am grateful for that time with the family. Plus it is quite funny and relatable to the stage of life I am currently in right now.
I was going to try and reimagine the lyrics to "Hold on Loosely" by .38 Special with "Hold on Lucely" but I need to workshop that idea. As I mentioned above, Lucy is getting a little carried away with being a free-range dog so I need to work with her on that. Ms. Frizzle is still a furry angel and tolerates the low rider.
I hope whatever you do on turkey day that it is a good one. I will most likely not update since my schedule falls on Thanksgiving and we are hosting family and friends this year. So gobble gobble and talk to you in two weeks.
Thanks for stopping by, hope all is well in your part of the world and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere.
I will keep moving forward.
I will be the stream.