I don't know if it is permanently etched into the male DNA or maybe there are just select bunch of weirdos out there that do stuff like the following:
- One must slap a large bagged product. I pretty much do this to any bagged product. Big bags of dog food, landscaping rock, mulch, etc. Watch out large bagged products, it is go time when I am wandering around the garden section at Home Depot.
- You have to rip off icicles from roofs and throw big rocks in lakes when given the opportunity.
- Always clean the sides of the toilet bowl with your urine stream.
- Some tools require "testing" before use them. Examples include: the "click click" of the tongs, squeezing the trigger of a power drill a couple times, spinning the socket of a ratchet wrench to make sure it's going the right way, and, last but not least, using the stud finder on yourself to make sure it works.
- When leaving, you must smack your pockets to make sure everything (wallet, phone, keys) is there.
- Folks of a certain age have a story about finding some pornography in the woods. I don't know if there were porno gnomes who hid Playboys under rocks or logs but it seems like everyone who is around my age range has found an adult magazine in a forested area.
Can you relate to any of these things?
I am still writing Hayden notes for her lunch and occasionally I run across a quote or two that really resonates with me. Here are this week's winners:
- Comparison is the thief of joy. - Theodore Roosevelt
- Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Be curious, not judgmental - Walt Whitman
I will persevere.
I will keep moving forward.
I will be the stream.