- I got to check off one of my big Dad to-dos with Kyle and Hayden.
We watched "The Sandlot."
And it was great to sit down with my kids and enjoy the film with them.
I have always loved this movie.
Probably because it encapsulated a lot of my youth as I spent a lot of my summers playing baseball with my friends.
It feels like it took the essence of what it means to be in your youth, bottled it up, splashed it across screen and said, "Here, you go, amigo. Watch this, and remember your childhood."
- Kyle and Hayden had two favorite scenes.
The first one is when Squints pretends to drown so that Wendy Peffercorn will save him and he sneaks in a kiss.
- The next scene that they liked the most was when The Beast chases Benny through town.
- Did you have a favorite movie that you really wanted to watch with your kids?
- Speaking of movies, Mrs. Shife and I watched an unexpected surprise on Hulu called
"Palm Springs." The movie is described as: "Stuck in a time loop, two wedding guests develop a budding romance while living the same day over and over again."
It's an updated version of "Groundhog Day."
- I saw that most of the new movies that got pushed to late 2020 have now been pushed back to 2021. 2020 is the gift that keeps on giving.
Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
The Avengers (2012)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) <<<<<<< We are here
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Captain Marvel (2019)
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
"To err on the side of passion is human and right and the only way I'll live."
- Pat Tillman, 11/6/76 - 4/22/04 #GoneButNotForgetten