- A new favorite phrase I saw this week: You precious, empty-headed little shitnugget
- Deep thoughts from Nick Offerman aka Ron Swanson:
- I started keeping a daily journal in 2005 and I am glad I did because it's nice to look back on some memories that I had forgotten about. Now that you have that context, here's something that happened on this date in Shifley family history:
In 2015, I retired from my full-time gig as a stay-at-home dad. I got an offer from a freelance client and it felt like a good time to go back to the office. Looking back, I am not sure how I or the kids made our way through but we did. I was a stay-at-home dad for nearly 7 years. It certainly wasn't easy but more rewarding than anything else I have done in my life.
- Speaking of that, here's picture of me with two of my favorite humans:
- Does it look like I might be thinking about throwing him off the bridge?
- We went on a Father's Day hike to a place called Celebration Park. It might be time to start hiking in the mountains because it's getting a little too warm in the desert. I mean it's officially summer now.
- Speaking of summer, I think we better stick to hiking as far as plans go because Idaho went back to Stage 3 as we saw an increase in COVID-19 cases. Honestly, I am little confused. What did they think was going to happen when they opened up the entire state again? The virus isn't going away just because we were in Stage 4.
- I hope you are well and thanks for giving me some good news last week. I needed it and it was much appreciated. Talk to you on Friday. Take care.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
"To err on the side of passion is human and right and the only way I'll live."
- Pat Tillman, 11/6/76 - 4/22/04 #GoneButNotForgetten