- Happy Leap Day Eve!!
- Besides having an extra day to shower me with your adoration and affection, do you have any big plans for your extra day in 2020?
- As for me, I'm gonna let you guys do what you guys gotta do. Don't worry about me, I'm just gonna go home, make a little macaroni and cheese, seal the windows and turn on the gas.
- And that's not true. It's a quote from a movie I watched way too many times in college and I'm afraid to watch it again because it probably doesn't hold up.
- Any guesses on the movie? It starred Rob Lowe, Demi Moore and
JohnJames Belushi. The film was originally released in 1986 and got re-made in 2014 but this version starred Kevin Hart. The answer is right here.
- There are days when I fear for humanity and today is one of those days.
People tore Garth Brooks a new one on social media after he performed a concert in Detroit.
If Garth had decided to wear nothing but chaps and a sports bra then I would have been in total agreement with social media.
But Garth wore something more appalling according to these folks.
He wore a Barry Sanders jersey.
For those that don't know, Barry Sanders is a Hall of Fame running back that played in the NFL for the Detroit Lions. He wore #20 and is regarded as one of the greatest players ever.
It makes sense to wear the jersey of a beloved figure while performing in that town, right?
Here's the jersey:
Of all the things you can be on the Internet, I am always surprised at how many decide to be dumb. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised because Roger Clyne warned me many years ago:
"Everyone knows that the world is full of stupid people."
Have a great weekend, enjoy your extra scoop of February and talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald