- Expectations meet reality.
- It's important to manage expectations when you go to your kid's first orchestra concert.
Kyle took up the cello this year and he had his holiday concert earlier this week.
He did great and I am proud of him.
I really don't know what I was expecting.
It certainly wasn't head-banging, long-haired, leather-wearing music masters but you never know.
- Me and my cello-playing son are going to see the new Star Wars movie tonight. Besides that, here are the other movies I hope to watch over Christmas break: Rare Exports, City of Ember, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Jumanji: The Next Level, Christmas Vacation, Cool Runnings, Knives Out, Parasite, Togo and White Fang.
- One of the advantages of working for a state university is that they shut down over the holidays so the employees get a nice little vacation.
- Does anyone change the name on their Amazon account because of a Saturday Night Live skit? Nope. Just me. Sweet.
- I ordered Ms. Frizzle's Christmas presents and had them delivered to Turd Ferguson because I am a jackass. If you aren't familiar with the reference, then you might want to watch the video below. The video contains the entire sketch but the TF reference comes in during the first minute or so.
- I did get in the Christmas spirit at work and wore my fancy new holiday sweater:
- Well, I think that is enough from me this year and this decade. I will probably be dealing with one of the 12 days of hangovers next week so I imagine you will not hear from me again until 2020. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and I look forward to spending another decade with you. Take care.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Loves the sweater! And Kyle's concert :-)ReplyDelete
Nope, don't do Imgur. I always wait for
Travis but he is in Madrid right now for
work. Too much traveling for this job.
You all have a Happy Christmas and New
Year and enjoy your holiday from work!!
I went to a lot of concerts over the ten years I had three musical grandchildren in my care. Beside fall and spring concerts, there were marching band practices and football games. Times three kids times four years each. Do the math............ReplyDelete
That is a great sweater! And Ms Frizzle would just like you to know she doesn't care what name her presents came in, because PRESENTS, duh :)ReplyDelete
If you'd just let Kyle grow his hair as long as that other dude playing the cello, it would make all the difference . . .
I went to a few concerts in my parenting days, too. I loved every one of them. How can you not, when it's your child and his or her peers, trying so hard and -- eventually -- getting pretty darn good.
Oh! Almost forgot! I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday and happy new year. May you make many good memories!ReplyDelete
All you need is a massive ten gallon hat and, voila, you'd be Turd Ferguson!ReplyDelete
Happy Holidays and 'einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!', as they say in the Fatherland.
Great sweater. Catch you again when it's all over but make sure you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.ReplyDelete
I got a case of fat fingers and accidentally deleted kden's comment so here it is:ReplyDelete
kden has left a new comment on your post "Random Acts of Shifeness - Last Post of the Decade...":
Great sweater! Faith was never in ANY concert or sporting event so I've never had the pleasure :) We do go to the high school's holiday concerts though because they're great....and they have cookies afterwards. Merry Christmas to the entire Shifley family!
My user name on Amazon is LL Cool Joe, and occasionally I get my parcels delivered using that name. I do wonder what the delivery guy must think sometimes when I answer the door and say "Yes that's me".ReplyDelete
Have a rockin' good Christmas!
lovely sweater...design so attractiveReplyDelete
blog walking here. Followed :)ReplyDelete
I think I'll have to get creative on my occasional Amazon orders as well. There's also a Burt Reynolds Hall on FSU's campus that may be due for a name change.ReplyDelete
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you and your family. Hard to believe you and I are coming up on 15 years of mutual blog reading.