- Halloween 2019: This is the latest the kids have gone in deciding what they want to be for Halloween but they have finally made up their minds. Kyle is going to be Batman and Hayden wants to be a leprechaun. The costumes have been ordered and I will share pictures next week.
- Kyle's costume makes sense because we just finished watching the Dark Knight trilogy but I am not sure what inspired Hayden's selection. She did wear a leprechaun hat and a beard earlier this year but other than that I am drawing a blank.
- A few of my new favorites
- Website: Imgur
- Netflix: Peaky Blinders
- Comedian: Mark Normand
- Podcast: Timesuck
- Hayden's art:
- A few of my not-so-new favorites
- The weather: Apparently we are skipping fall and heading straight to winter. We got down to 22 this week. I am not ready for this.
- Contact lenses: I am getting older as is my eyesight so finding the right contacts can be a pain in the butt. The contacts that I like and feel pretty good in my ocular cavities cost more than $1,000 per year. I am not ready for this.
- Plantar fascitis: If you have had it, you know how much it sucks and do not want it ever again. It has been over 3 years since I last had a flare-up but my feet aren't happy with me and I might have to go see the doctor once again for some painful therapy. I am definitely not ready for this.
- Thanks for swinging by this week and I look forward to reading your blog. Take care, have a great weekend and talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
maybe she's expecting to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow..ha..ReplyDelete
Abby's going as that Angelina Jolie character, can't remember her name..Olivia told me what she was going at and still have no clue..
Poor you. The health systems sure know how to break people. Maybe I should start a world collection to help you out. Seriously, I send my best wishes and hope you will soon be on the mend.ReplyDelete
I forgot that as we age our body starts getting old too. First it was the teeth, now it's my eyes... I kinda thought I'd stay the same until I died. Fun years ahead.ReplyDelete
Have a good weekend.
Jackiesue might be spot on ~ lol.ReplyDelete
I can't imagine why your contacts would be so expensive. I get mine at Costco and it costs me approximately $380 per year...I wear the mono vision dailies. Because life is too short to clean contacts every day. Maybe your ocular cavities are high maintenance. :-)
Yeah, plantar fascitis is a real drag. Especially when getting out of bed, where the gait makes one look like a robot who's been left out to rust for 100 years....I hope you do the "runners stretch" every day, which seems to help me keep a flare up at bay. Here's hoping it heals (or heels, haha) very soon.
Love the Hayden picture! Looking forwardReplyDelete
to the Halloween costumes.
Good thoughts for physical aliments.
I agree with PF; once you've had it, you're always in fear of a flare up. I was wondering if you got the snow we did? It sucked quite frankly! Looking forward to the Halloween pics.ReplyDelete
Some days life just seems to pile on to make us holler "uncle", doesn't it? I hate those days!ReplyDelete
Hope your plantar fascitis flare up isn't too bad this time. Anything to do with sore feet is hard, because we need those suckers to get around.
Not that cold yet, but then, we're not the high plains! I would say that Hayden, maker of world class posters, can be what her heart desires.ReplyDelete
I used to roller-skate with a dude who also had plantar fasciitis. When he'd have flare-ups he'd go to a doc who performed some sort of laser treatment on his affected foot. Is that what you'll be doing? -hope all goes well.ReplyDelete
The 'heart art' from your daughter is very cool.
May your kids have a happy and safe Halloween!
the hat looks so pretty...love itReplyDelete
Colin is dressing as the singer from the band Ghost (which may require an explanation at each stop) and Julia will be a witch. Hate to hear about the plantar fascitus (that keeps autocorrecting to 'fascists'). I had a bout with that when I first started running. Hope it gets better for you.ReplyDelete