- It's 10/4
And it's Friday.
- My work colleagues were not overly impressed nor did they share my enthusiasm for today's date. They were more excited about it being National Taco Day.
- I think I have a little more affinity for it because I actually remember using CB radios on long car trips and I am a big fan of "Smokey and the Bandit." I saw it a few times for lots of reasons but one of the biggest was that it featured one cool hound dog. Do you remember Fred?
- It's another new month so another new challenge. For October, I am giving up nightshades for the month. The reason being is that I noticed when I did the keto diet in September my geographic tongue cleared up because I wasn't doing nightshades. So let's see what happens.
- My softball season is over and now it's time to hibernate for 6 months until I start again in the spring. I have been playing consistently for about 25 years and it's still fun.
- Canadians are pretty cool.
- A funny image I saw this week and wanted to share. Now you know how sheepdogs are made.
- I hope you are well and have a lovely weekend. Thank you for stopping by and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
CB's indeed. My family often vacationed together, and used our CB's to keep the caravan together.ReplyDelete
How fun to learn something new ~ I had no idea that "nightshades" are a type of vegetable. So much for my fancy college degree, haha.ReplyDelete
Here's a great joke for your family....Why did the carrot date the mushroom? Because he was a fungi (fun guy, lol). Romeo thought it was a bit lame, but I thought it was great!
Of course Canadians are cool and hockey...ReplyDelete
In the winter, in our tiny town, they flooded
the playground to make a hockey rink.
Bestest of wishes to all of you. :-)
Thought: How are corndogs made?ReplyDelete
I don't recall Fred, but I did watch 'Smokey and the Bandit' with great enthusiasm when it came out. The blonde actor in the shot with Burt was great, too.
Feliz Quatro de Taco!
Here's hoping you'll have a great outcome with cutting out nightshades. I like your monthly challenge. Thirty (one) days is a good, defined time period to try out a new thing - a person doesn't have to feel like the change is forever, but it's long enough to see if it will make a difference. Have a great week, Mr. S and family.ReplyDelete
Hopefully dumping nighthades will be easier than doing Keto. Good luck!ReplyDelete
I can't believe how fast time is flying. Just think, it will soon be Christmas!!!!!ReplyDelete
yes, Canadian looks like pretty cool.ReplyDelete
I think it's beyond time that we have a 'Smokey and the Bandit Day'. Of course, I'm in the south, so it's a movie that's beyond revered.ReplyDelete