- Even though it's a good description of today's blog post, I wasn't sure about the title because my mind took a trip to the gutter and made me think it could also be the title of a coming-of-age porno as some young man learns all about the lovemaking from a lustful lady named June during a week of forbidden passion. I really need to see a therapist.
A lot has happened since we talked last week. Let's catch up:
- Friday: Reunited with some college buddies and drank way too much.
- Saturday: Woke up to my phone ringing at 6 in the morning as Mrs. Shife was inquiring where I might be. Turns out that I took a longer than expected nap in my car. I should have taken a cab or Uber home but ended up just sleeping in the car. Here's a bulldog doing a terrible reenactment of me passing out, errrrrrrr, sleeping.
- Sunday: Happy Father's Day! I found out that I was the World's Greatest Dad. I was a little surprised because I knew I was the World's Most Average Dad but I was shocked when Kyle and Hayden told me I was the greatest.
- Monday: Hayden made some new friends over the weekend, but had a hard time remembering their names. She did what Hayden does and called one "Pink" and one "Purple." Those were the colors of the outfits that her new friends were wearing. She cracks me up.
- Tuesday: We had to take Kyle to the optometrist because he was complaining about his eye being tired. Turns out he needs glasses and is far-sighted. He was actually excited about getting glasses but this picture doesn't really convey those emotions as he was a little out of it from getting his eyes dialated. He told me that he likes his glasses because "they are red and very comfortable."
- Wednesday: Work was a little crazy on this day. I drank three Red Bulls to deal with it. Not one of my best ideas. Fortunately, I was able to control my bodily fluids ... barely.
- Thursday: Discussed the pros and cons of R2D2 and BB8 with Kyle as he wants to spend his life savings on a Star Wars robot, and isn't sure which one he wants. I think we flipped a quarter 77 times. He's still undecided. And we also had to explain to him why he couldn't wear his sandals to his chef's camp next week. It always amazes me at what he get attached to and right now it's wearing sandals and nothing but his sandals.
Well that's all for this week, folks. Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.