True entertainment news is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true entertainment news and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend ... .
- Some of you as long time readers of my blog might recall my love for “Arrested Development.” When the show was canceled I was crestfallen. But this year the comedic hole in my heart has been replaced by “30 Rock.” This show is funny, and you need to watch it. Visit this page for some of the great dialogue on this program. It is on Thursday nights on NBC, and it is your duty as an awesome human being to watch.
- “300” is at theaters this weekend. Holy ball sweat does this movie look cool or what!!! Really pumped to see this cinematic extravaganza. It is playing at the IMAX here in town, and that is where I am going to be for a few hours this weekend. If you want some background on this movie, it is based on the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.
- I watched “Fast Food Nation” last night. Kinda scary. If you see this movie and “Super Size Me” and still want to eat at a fast food place then you have got a strong constitution. Basically FFN examines the health risks involved in the fast food industry and its environmental and social consequences as well. The last few minutes of the film really did me in. They actually show the process of a cow getting slaughtered.
- “Heroes” has got to be one of the best shows on TV. Monday’s episode was superb, and now we have to wait six weeks until we get more answers. Heavy sigh.
- I remember when I had those same feelings for “Lost.” I have talked to several folks who thought last week’s episode was a snooze and had enough of the series. I am not there yet but I just feel like I end up with a case of blue balls after each episode. The show gets you all excited like you are going to get something, and then it just cuts you off until next time.
- It is hard to judge “24” because there are so many hours left in the day, but I just wish the plot did not seem so recycled. Don’t get me wrong I really enjoy the show, but sometimes it feels like we have been there and done that. But this show loves to surprise so that is why I don’t want to be so harsh until I have seen the entire day played out.
- And finally I like to pass along some advice I picked up from “30 Rock”: Live every week like it is Shark Week.