Thought of the day
I am adding something to the list of things that I feel have slightly misleading names.
Some examples include:
- Peanut: A legume, not a nut
- Russian dressing: Invented in New Hampshire.
- Hawaiian pizza: Created by a Greek immigrant in Canada.
- Jellyfish: Not a fish, as it lacks gills
- Koala bear: A marsupial, not a bear
- Funny bone: Not a bone, but where the ulnar nerve touches the humerus
- Grape-Nuts: Contains no grapes or nuts
- Red panda: The sole member of the Ailuridae family, not a panda
- Crock-Pot: The brand that invented the small kitchen appliance, actually called a slow cooker
The item I would like to submit to this list is called ORF, which stands for optional retirement fund.
This is what they call the retirement package at my work.
However, it is far from optional.
It's mandatory that I sign up for it.
It is not a bad thing because I would probably spend the money on another basset hound.
Is there a word that drives you crazy because it is inaccurate or misleading?
Hope you are doing well and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere.
I will keep moving forward.
I will be the stream.