- It's Tax Day. One of my least favorite days of the year. I will let you draw your own conclusions.
- I started my softball season yesterday and I played like I hadn't played since last October. A lot of rust to shake off and it didn't help that it was 50 degrees and raining. But we won, which was a rarity for us last year, so, all in all, a good start to the season.
- TIL how basset hounds got to be called hush puppies. We might have to try out the fried cornball trick because Ms. Lucy is very fond of her voice and loves letting the neighborhood hear it right around bedtime.
- HBD to Conan O'Brien. Why am I wishing Conan a happy birthday? Because I told myself I would write 5 bullet points today and I am not having a lot of luck coming up with anything original. Aren't you glad you visited today? A rare look behind the curtains at how the magic happens.
- I find it kind of funny that Kid Rock and Travis Tritt teamed up for a "No Snowflakes" tour. According to the article, a snowflake in slang terms is a derogatory term for a person who is overly emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. And the reason why Kid Rock and Travis Tritt teamed up is that they are mad at Bud Light because they partnered with a woman who is a transgender influencer. Bless their hearts.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are doing well and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere.
I will keep moving forward.
I will be the stream
I love the story about how the Hush Puppies shoe brand got its name -- never heard that before! I've owned a few pairs of Hush Puppies over the years and they ARE extremely comfortable shoes for the ol' barking dogs!ReplyDelete
Me either and it is kind of sad since I have had bassets for quite a few years but now I know.Delete
A nice bit of trivia today. I am happy to learn about Hush Puppies.ReplyDelete
I am glad to hear that people enjoyed it, Bijoux.Delete
The Hush Puppy story makes perfect sense. Back in the day, I thought the hush puppies were the best part of a fish fry, but I can't remember if I ever owned any Hush Puppy shoes.ReplyDelete
If I had hush puppy shoes or the food hush puppy, I don't remember the experience.ReplyDelete
Kid Rock is a real looney bird. I saw our checking account get a bit lighter today due to tax day :(ReplyDelete
I found him tolerable when he first came onto the scene but not anymore, kden.Delete
I didn't know what snowflake meant until you defined it.ReplyDelete
Glad to help out, JM.Delete
I dropped a check to the IRS this morning. Don't pay them until the last minute.ReplyDelete
I follow the same protocol, Jeff.Delete
I would go for a graduated flat tax. No deductions. You made this much, you owe this much.ReplyDelete
Makes sense to me, Mike.Delete
I don't think that Kid Rock and Travis Tritt have much common musical ground.ReplyDelete
But I believe they share a brain, Kathy.Delete
You probably won't appreciate that I got over $5,000 back--but I had paid that in quarterlies in addition to deductions from my SS and pension. I'm sure I ended up paying more taxes than many billionaires in this country. I won't go there. 50 and rainy sounds dreadfully familiar!ReplyDelete
We break even with the feds and have to pay the state a little, Margaret. After being married for almost 19 years, we are getting closer to figuring it out.Delete
I probably enjoyed the Hush Puppies story more than I should have. It tickled my whimsy bone. Growing up I saw commercials for the shoes but never owned any. Never had the edible ones either. Now that I know that fish is involved, they will never be on my food tasting bucket list. Love the wagging tails!ReplyDelete
Glad you enjoyed it, Deedles. Yes, the edible hush puppy doesn't sound too appetizing.Delete
Nice to see you are still here too xxReplyDelete
I didn't know Kid Rock was still a thing. I'm not sure I've seen him in the news is two decades. Is he rocking a beer belly by now? Although I follow the "see food" diet plan when it comes to new food items, (I see it, I eat it), I had never had a hush puppy until maybe a handful of years ago. My younger brother transplanted into the deep south and learned how to make them, from a box mix none the less. My wife and kids hate them but I certainly enjoy them.ReplyDelete
Never had them, Ed, and I don't think I will. I have a feeling I will share your family's sentiment.Delete
Kid Rock and Travis Tritt are idiots. You want to hear more creepiness? Google 'Tucker and Elon interview'.ReplyDelete
They are all giant turds, Debby. I had a nice appreciation for Elon Musk when he first came onto the scene but that has all changed since in the past few years. He is a turd too.Delete
You make a good point with the name of Kid Rocks tour, however I think they will have a large following. I think it is shameful that Bud Light signed that man to promote their brand.ReplyDelete
They will but I still they are being ridiculous, Bathwater.Delete
Bless their hearts indeed. Insert eye roll here. I don't get why everybody wants to control everybody else. Love the synchronized tail wags!!ReplyDelete
It's been going on since the dawn of mankind, jenny_o, and it is not going to change anytime soon.Delete