Day 17 of my September challenge.
- Hayden a.k.a. Caroline had another softball Saturday. Evidently, the supply chain problems have affected girls' softball uniforms and the team is still waiting for their attire to show up. With that being said, the girls had to wear some old uniforms and Hayden was Caroline. When she was warming up, the coach played "Sweet Caroline" and the crowd started singing. It was pretty awesome. And the girls won both of their games so that made it even better for them.
- Kyle had another second cross-country meet yesterday and he improved a whole lot. He finished the course at 14:45 this time so that is an improvement of 2:27 from his earlier race. More practice and 25 degrees cooler seemed to help him out.
- Ms. Frizzle and Ms. Lucy. Frizzle and Lucy. Frizz and Luce. It has been 6 days and it is getting better. Frizzy isn't happy that the chomposaurus thinks her ears make a nice chew toy but she is tolerating her and letting her get closer. They have been sleeping in the same bed together and Frizzle is not hiding out in one of the back bedrooms. As my good buddy Axl Rose told me, "All we need is just a little patience."
- And a follow-up to my taco email address. Yes, I work at Boise State. No, I am not a professor. I work in digital marketing to help promote all of our online degree programs. Since Boise State is famous for its blue turf, I tell students, "We bring the Blue to you."
- Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you tomorrow.
I will persevere.
I will keep moving forward.
I will be the stream.
Ok, I feel better knowing you’re not some gasbag prof! Lol! Glad the Frizz is tolerating the Luce. Next thing you know, they’ll be ganging up on you!ReplyDelete
Funny, Bijoux. I am a different type of gasbag.Delete
My youngest grandchild is named Caroline, for my mother. My daughter adored her grandma. Her husband really did not care for "Caroline" and called her Carolyn or tried to make names like Tuppence stick. I routinely busted him for Carolyn. When she was three-ish, Caroline rounded on her dad. "You heard Grandma J. My name is Car-O-line!" Girls rule, boys drool.ReplyDelete
Awesome story about Caroline, Joanne.Delete
What a great moment for "Caroline!" Your kids are athletic. You also have very cute dogs although Ms. Frizzle still looks unhappy. Your job at BS sounds interesting.ReplyDelete
I thought maybe Hayden had opted for a name change. Good on her and the team, and good on Kyle.ReplyDelete
And good on Frizzle for mellowing a touch for Miss Lucy.
She has but that is not the one she would go for, Bob.Delete
Sound like things are smooooooth at the Shife house.ReplyDelete
Nicely done, Debby.Delete
Ah yes the blue field. Most unusual when I see it on tv. Looks like the kids are enjoying the sports. Congrats on improving the run time, and the 2 wins. Maybe the old uniforms are good luck.ReplyDelete
They might be, Sandy.Delete
My daughters cross country times have been improving lately but I suspect it is more due to cooler weather than anything else.ReplyDelete
Congrats to her, Ed.Delete
I wish I had been at Hayden's game and Kyle's race.ReplyDelete
Now I'm feeling sorry for Ms. Frizzle after seeing her sad eyes :( I hope she eventually gets to like the little Lucy-Fur.ReplyDelete
Thinking about you working for *BS* kind of cracks me up - it's so in tune with your sense of humour :)
And well done to Kyle and Hayden - your heart must nearly burst with pride.ReplyDelete
Fantastic job for both sporty kids. I made Faith take baseball once in grade school just to get her to do something different. She hated it and still talks about it. We are not sports people, ha. Oh sweet Frizz, Lucy will grow on you.ReplyDelete