Am I having a mid-life crisis because we got a puppy?
I feel like I am past the mid-life marker so maybe this just means I am crazy.
I feel like that makes more sense because there are some whackos on my side of the family.
Here are a few things I forgot about when raising a puppy:
- Everything feels a lot more difficult with a puppy. I know it will settle down but right now it feels like we have invited Captain Chaos into our house.
- I forgot how small they can be. She weighs about 12 pounds and looks more like a doll than a dog.
- Those puppy teeth are sharp. She gave me a nice little incision on my lip this morning.
- Money, money, money.
- When they nap, you get busy. I try to get so much done when Ms. Lucy is sawing logs and dreaming about a world where Ms. Frizzle is her best friend. Every day, Frizz gets a little more social with Lucy but she is not going out of her way to spend time with her.
- Napping with a puppy is pretty awesome.
- Basset hound puppies are so clumsy. Her paws are basically full-grown so Lucy is trying to run with these giant furry slippers. Then her long floppy ears get in the way so she will wipe out every 5-10 steps. She looks like this popcorn lady half the day.