Day 14 of my September challenge.
Am I having a mid-life crisis because we got a puppy?
I feel like I am past the mid-life marker so maybe this just means I am crazy.
I feel like that makes more sense because there are some whackos on my side of the family.
Here are a few things I forgot about when raising a puppy:
- Everything feels a lot more difficult with a puppy. I know it will settle down but right now it feels like we have invited Captain Chaos into our house.
- I forgot how small they can be. She weighs about 12 pounds and looks more like a doll than a dog.
- Those puppy teeth are sharp. She gave me a nice little incision on my lip this morning.
- Money, money, money.
- When they nap, you get busy. I try to get so much done when Ms. Lucy is sawing logs and dreaming about a world where Ms. Frizzle is her best friend. Every day, Frizz gets a little more social with Lucy but she is not going out of her way to spend time with her.
- Napping with a puppy is pretty awesome.
- Basset hound puppies are so clumsy. Her paws are basically full-grown so Lucy is trying to run with these giant furry slippers. Then her long floppy ears get in the way so she will wipe out every 5-10 steps. She looks like this popcorn lady half the day.
Talk to you tomorrow.
I will persevere.
I will keep moving forward.
I will be the stream.
Money, money, money, oh my, yes. Here's a suggestion, go you your state's Veterinarian website and do some research on the prevalence of things like Lyme disease. I live in a residential area, so the odds of a tick sucking some infected blood from a white deer mouse are quite low, so there's no need to pay for Lyme disease tests or a Lyme disease vaccination. Same thing is true with heart worm, at least for my area.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Dave R.Delete
Mrs. Frizzle will be her good friend the minute Lucy spills a bucket of popcorn.ReplyDelete
And puppy breath is an intoxicating aroma.ReplyDelete
I always felt my lab would have been very jealous with a new puppy. When we dog sat this small dog for a friend it drove her nuts. She didn't want to share and she avoided her at all costs. When this small dog jumped into my lap my Lab went crazy trying to get her off. She was not happy. The day the little dog went home we swore we heard our dog exhale loudly!ReplyDelete
That's too funny.Delete
Their clumsiness is endearing. Your lip will heal.ReplyDelete
PS you will get bitten again.
OMG that's such an adorable puppy!ReplyDelete
And yes, LOTS of money. My gurlz have pets and they all have pet insurance. Yep, it's a thing but it saves them LOTS of money.
I am going to have to look into itDelete
The popcorn lady clip is a classic!ReplyDelete
I've always wanted a Bassett Hound, just so there would be something that look like it felt worst than me at all times!ReplyDelete
They are the bestDelete
The popcorn lady gif is hilarious! Puppies are sweet no matter what, but an awkward roly-poly puppy gets extra points for cuteness. They HAVE to be cute for people to put up with all the downsides you so accurately listed :)ReplyDelete
She is super cute.Delete
Chaos would describe it. I love being around puppies but wouldn't want to live with one. The tripping would be adorable!ReplyDelete
It is a lot right now but the kids are being really good helpers so that is making a huge difference.Delete
I been on vacation for a few days, but I take it your challenge is to do a post every day!ReplyDelete
You are correct.Delete
Abe used to purr in our faces and then CHOMP, right on our nose.ReplyDelete
It will be a good memory after we get through it.Delete
I'm to old for puppies and kittens ....all they do is eat shit and destroy..ReplyDelete
This feels like deja vuDelete