The current news cycle has me all over the place.
I am fine one moment then I see another story that sends me straight to crestfallen.
Hmmm, I wonder what I could do to solve that problem?
Besides avoiding the news, one thing that always helps me is to write down a few things that I am grateful for so I thought I would do that.
Then maybe you can share something that is making you happy and it will be a win-win for everyone.
What do you say?
Here's my list:
- First day of of school: I must admit it is a little bittersweet sending them off to school again because that means they are getting older and closer to leaving the nest but I am happy for them as they are discovering new paths and their way in the world. The first photo is Kyle and his good friend in front of their junior high and the second is Miss Hayden as she heads off to 4th grade.
- HBD, MF! The lovely Ms. Frizzle turned 5. After being owned by basset hounds for most of my life, I never thought a yellow lab would be the dog for me but she has been the bestest and most wonderful dog for our family. I love her so much. She celebrated her big day with one of my favorite poses, the Inverted Frizzle.
- My mother-in-law is getting hip replacement surgery this week. I wish her a speedy recovery and and hopefully it will be able to get her back on track to doing the stuff that she loves to do.
- This quote: "There is a considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger on why it's hard to design a bear-proof garbage can.
- And a meme dump always helps my mood:
So what's making you happy?
Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you soon.
I am better than I was. I will be better than I am.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.