- Given how amazing 2020 has been, I'm going to ask my dad if the offer to slap me into next year is still available.
- Only 121 days until 2021. Not that I am counting or anything.
- Two trends that I am noticing out there especially on social media:
Ideology is more important than facts.
Canceling is more important than counseling.
I really feel that if we don't turn those two things around, the amount of divisiveness in our country is going to get even uglier.
- And that reminded me of a quote I saw in my Future Crunch newsletter:
Optimism is a choice you make and a skill you develop.
The mind is just as malleable as the body.
We spend so much time and effort trying to change the external world, other people, and our own bodies while accepting that our minds just are the way they are.
We accept the voice in our head as the source of all truth.
But all of it is malleable, and every day is new.
- You might be asking what is Future Crunch? Well, they are a group of scientists, artists, researchers, and designers that share a newsletter containing good news from every corner of the globe, mind-blowing advances in science and technology, and the best parts of the internet.
- I think we could all use a healthy dose of that these days, don't you?
You can sign up for free if you want to check it out.
- I got a new member of the squad:
- His name is Brian. Do you recognize him?
- Here's a really big clue: It looks like he is holding a coffee mug but it is actually a cologne bottle shaped like a panther head.
- And here's a scene from the movie if you still need more assistance:
- The really neat thing - and I do believe neat is in the eye of the beholder - is that the figurine is actually scented and I can assure it is quite pungent. Not quite pure gasoline but it is in the ballpark.
- What are you doing for the Labor Day weekend?
I am taking a few days off and doing some honey-dos for my honey.
I also think all of the Shifleys could use some time away from school and work.
With that being said, I don't imagine I will update the blog on Friday.
- Have a great rest of your week and I hope you have something fun or relaxing planned for the holiday weekend. Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you soon.