- February challenge: Quit using "so" and "just" when I write. Just hear me out because I know it sounds so easy but I have become really lazy in my writing and if I recall correctly so and just are not going to win you any writing awards. Wish me luck.
- I love that someone went to all of the trouble to make the Batman GIF about good grammar but didn't use the correct version of "you're" at the end.
- Kyle's basketball season came to end and he had a good time. Watching 5th/6th boys basketball can be trying at times but I enjoyed watching Kyle as he made a lot of progress. The highlight of the season was him scoring his first basket on his second-to-last game and it was quite impressive. He noticed that his defender wasn't paying attention so he dribbled past him, drove the lane and banked it on off the backboard. I tried to find a good re-enactment of the basket and this was the closest I could find:
- AT&T is sending me a new phone because the new one I got turned out to be a lemon. Unfortunately, I don't think I will get to use my new new phone immediately. Do you see what I see?
- Mrs. Shife and I took the kids out recently. Hayden and I went to a Boise State women's basketball game and she loved it. She even took a photo with Buster the Boise State mascot.
- Kyle and Mrs. Shife went to see a "Harry Potter" film while a symphony orchestra performed the score live. Kyle is a big fan of Harry Potter and music. It wasn't a big surprise to see him have a big smile at the event.
- And the hat arrived on Tuesday. It would have arrived on Monday but somebody had to sign for it, which wasn't a surprise. You nailed it, Joanne.
Have a great weekend and talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald