- HSICBIN = Holy shit I can't believe it's November
- I really can't believe it's November because it feels like January. At this time of the year, we usually hover around the mid-50s but we dipped down to 16 degrees earlier this week.
- This has been my reaction when I look at the weather forecast:
- The lower-than-average temperatures put a damper on Hayden's Halloween spirit as she only made it one block before she wanted to head home and just hand out candy. I didn't protest too much when I had to take her back and sit in front of the fireplace at Casa de Shifley.
- When it did warm up a little, we put out the Shifley pumpkin patch:
- November challenge: Keep a food journal. The nightshade deprivation didn't do much for my geographic tongue so I am going to keep tabs on my eating habits to see if I can detect a pattern. I also made an appointment with a dietitian because I am tired of eating stuff that makes me feel bloated and disgusting.
- A Friday funny:
- Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Loves all those pumpkins!ReplyDelete
We are supposed to be warmer
than normal but that is so not
happening right now. :-)
My geographic tongue was traced to allergy to walnuts. Eliminating them did not eliminate my tongue, however.ReplyDelete
It was actually warmer in some parts of Alaska than Spokane a few days ago! Your pumpkins look awesome. Loved the slim jim video, ha.ReplyDelete
Those pumpkins are excellent!! You have some talented pumpkin carvers in your house.ReplyDelete
I hope you find out what's causing your geographic tongue. I've been keeping track of my food and calorie intake for a few years now. At first my purpose was to try to control my calories, but it ended up helping me figure out what was causing my gastrointestinal issues when I developed IBS, so that was a valuable side benefit. It's hard to remember to write everything down at first but it doesn't take long to get into the habit and then it's just automatic. Good luck.
And have a great week! Hopefully it won't snow :)
The 'dye' joke made me smile. -diggin' the pumpkin collection. Happy November, BeaReplyDelete
Good luck with the diet investigation. As a matter of interest are pumpkins fattening? LOLOLReplyDelete
I'm not great at lip reading but I'm sure your wife is going "sshh". Haha.ReplyDelete
The dye joke was very funny. Have a great week!
pumpkins soo cool...we had really nice weather for our truck or treat in West..it was cold for Halloween..but I didn't go out..stayed indoors in my flannel nightgown...ReplyDelete
pumpkins look attractive….which ones created by kids?ReplyDelete
# since bad weather (rainy and lower temperatures), no kids pick up candies on my neighborhoods (my street) like last year.
I think I've always been lucky to not have any issues with foods or allergies. Mostly I just combat my own sweet tooth. Hopefully a dietitian can help you out.ReplyDelete
Nice article. I like gif photos and meme. CreativeReplyDelete