- HBD MF = Happy birthday, Ms. Frizzle.
Our yellow dog turns 3 today and we love her so much. She is getting a fancy new collar and she gets to spend the afternoon at the lake doing two of her favorite things: playing fetch and swimming.
- Her new collar is fancy because we got it personalized with her name and our phone numbers. Below is an example of what it's going to look like and please visualize it saying Ms. Frizzle instead of Evan. Is it me or does Evan seem like an odd name for a dog? We were able to do 4 lines of text so the last line says "Don't Stop Retrievin'". Kyle wanted to put "I Love Balls" and Hayden wanted it to say "I Labradore You" but we went with "Retrievn'"
- I had a tough day at the office today. We worked on a photo and video shoot for an upcoming marketing campaign featuring the Boise State mascot, Buster. But I still made time for all of my blogging friends so you're welcome for my service.
- Kyle and Hayden start school on Monday. Crazy, huh? Summer isn't officially over according to the calendar but it is for the Shifleys. It was a good one as we made some good memories.
- Now onto a more difficult subject. I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about this but I am hoping that my super-smart blogging buddies can give some insight that has eluded me. I had to attend a funeral earlier this week. A college friend's 7-year-old daughter was killed in a car accident. As you can imagine, it was horrible on so many levels. I knew the funeral experience was going to be tough but I wasn't quite prepared. The family decided to have an open-casket but the casket was at the entrance of the church so it was right there when you walked in. In my opinion, her little body wasn't in any condition to be viewed by the public. It was quite traumatizing to see something like that. The family is Catholic but as far as I can tell an open-casket isn't a funeral tradition. Was it for closure? I am not judging but I am trying to understand. Maybe you can help me out.
- Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you later.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. - F. Scott Fitzgerald