- Happy Father's Day. These two make fatherhood a very cool and rewarding experience. They have made me a better man and I'm grateful that I have such wonderful kids.
- Quote of the week: "If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present." - Lao Tzu
- The above quote really resonated with me today because I have been working on being happy for a long time. Maybe it was fatherhood or embracing my own mortality but it was something. I think two of the biggest factors for me were keeping a daily gratitude journal and also practicing mindfulness. I also got tired of being unhappy so I decided to pull myself up so I could pull myself forward.
- The challenge for June has been no social media. Maybe that's why I am in a better mood? I don't miss it at all. I will check them occasionally for messages because that's the only way I keep in touch with some folks but then I am out.
- I have been waiting my whole life for this:
- The St. Louis Blues joined the National Hockey League (1967) and never won the Cup. Well, that changed last night. After 52 years, Lord Stanley's Cup is coming home to St. Louis.
- Ted has left the building. After 7 weeks, Ted's humans picked him up and took him to his new home in Alabama.
- We miss Ted.
- We also miss the beach.
Hope you are well. Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.