I am OK at admitting that there are few things well above my pay grade like Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, Statistical Thermodynamics, Latin Literature of the 12th Century, Topics in Metaphysics and Epistemology or Atomic and Molecular Processes in Astronomy and Planetary Sciences.
It is what it is because I don't have the intellectual chops.
But there are other things out in the universe that are mind-boggling to me for other reasons.
More like WTF? reasons.
- What exactly is going on with the Matthew McConaughey car commercials?
- Why do perfume ads make no sense?
- What do they call it a pair of pants if you are only buying one?
- Why does the dentist insist on talking to you while he's working in your mouth?
- Why can't cartoon characters get a new outfit every now and then? They always wear the same thing.
- Chickens don't have fingers nor nuggets yet they are served on millions of menus.
- Why do people insist on keeping up with the Kardashians?
- Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
- Why it's against the law if kids don't wear seat belts in the car but it's OK if they don't wear one on a school bus?
- The logic in horror movies like if you lose your virginity you die or you have really bad cell service right before you get murdered or the killer can walk faster than his victims can run.
OK. I can do this all night but I better quit before it gets out of control.
Thanks for stopping by. I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
My own experience with Mr. McC's character goes backReplyDelete
to 2005 -
I have always queried the pair of pants expression but because of your list I can have a change and moan about something else. The seat belt query should be solved forthwith.ReplyDelete
My granddaughter explained horror movies to me. They aren't scary because they aren't real. Logically that works for me, but not so much in practice.ReplyDelete
Apropos Matthew McConaughey--I watched Dazed and Confused for the first time in about twenty years and was somewhat horrified by all the hazing. I was almost tossed into a dumpster, but no upperclassmen wacked me with paddles. That shiz was hard to watch.ReplyDelete
Pants: Um, maybe somehow short for pant-legs? In German, 'pants' are singular. Eine Hose.
An excellent selection of head-scratchers! Life shouldn't be this hard, should it? lolReplyDelete
You've got quite a few valid points there. Those Kardashians just boggle my mind everyday.ReplyDelete