- Mrs. Shife and I celebrated our anniversary this week.
- Any guesses on how long it has been?
Did the title of the blog post give it away?
- We celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss by going out to dinner and then kicking butt at a trivia contest. But not too much butt. Turd Ferguson (our team trivia name) took second place.
- It was a nice evening and I am glad we got to spend a few hours of quality time together. I also got a nice reminder that my Mom is still there looking after us.
- I thought I mentioned this previously on the blog but I guess I didn't. When my Mom passed away in 2008 it was the most painful experience I have ever dealt with. It was one of those times when you don't know how you are going to make it. But you do. One of the things that helped me was getting signs from my Mom letting me know that she was OK.
- One of those signs was seeing the number 424 randomly. 424 has significance because that's my birthday - 4/24. I started to notice this when I was watching a sporting event and if there was a timeout or a stoppage of play. The game would be paused and the game clock would read 4:24. At first, I thought it was just a coincidence but it has happened more often than not over the years that I know something else is going on. I have other examples as well but I don't need to make this story any longer. Anyway we wrapped up dinner to head over to trivia and I got the bill from the restaurant:
- Again it could just be a coincidence but I like to believe in the power of the universe and my Mom. It was a nice surprise to see the Balance Due and those numbers on my wedding anniversary.
- And as promised here is that video featuring yours truly as a dinosaur and as a weirdo in a wig. Enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Happy Anniversary! Just recently I told someoneReplyDelete
of your wedding toast 14 years ago.
Liked the video. :-)
My Dad died in 2002 & it was really hard to deal with the loss, so I get it. xReplyDelete
Also: TURD FERGUSON!! hahahaa
And: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Happy Anniversary! That's pretty special about your Mom. I was only 23 when my Dad died and I was always looking for a sign, but it never came. Cute video.ReplyDelete
I hope I'm in time to wish you and your lovely wife a Happy Anniversary. 424 - how uncanny that number must be.ReplyDelete
Happy anniversary and many more to come!ReplyDelete
Happy Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. S! And many many more.ReplyDelete
The dinosaur concept is great, and you did an awesome job :)
I'm glad you've felt the presence of your mom at many times since losing her.