- Hayden sure knows how to make me feel like a cool dude. First, when she was looking at the new clothes that I bought her, she said: "Wow. You really outdid yourself this time, Daddy." Then, when I was getting ready to run an errand, she was waiting for me in the hallway and said: "Hello, handsome." I just wish I knew how she gets away with it so I will not be in so much trouble when she gets older. Any ideas?
- Kyle's class performed a musical at his school called "Hats." He did a great job but I don't think he will be volunteering to be a part of the spotlight again anytime soon. But he did it, didn't make a big deal out of it, and moved on, which is what we have been teaching him.
- Here is the future karaoke champion getting ready to drop the mic.
- Any thoughts on what his go-to jam will be when he is old enough to visit a karaoke bar? If he acquires his father's taste in music then it will be some shitty boy band. I was always a fan of 'N Sync's "Bye Bye Bye." In my mind, I was en fuego. But in a good way and not lighting your buddy's hair on fire kind of way.
- And I saved the best for last as I need to wish the love of my life a happy birthday. Her big day is tomorrow. If we decide to go out and celebrate a little, it shouldn't be too tough to find any shenanigans since everyone will be out and about pretending they are Irish. Plus, the NCAA basketball tournament is in town so Boise will be rocking a little more than usual on St. Patrick's Day. Mrs. Shife is the best and I love her a lot.
- Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend, and I will talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.