- A much better week as far as stress goes and thank you for the nice words. But that doesn't mean it was dull around the Shifley household. A few gems out of the mouth of the kids highlighted the week.
- First, Hayden looking at Mrs. Shife's box of feminine hygiene products and asking me if the new markers were for her. Based on the image below, I can see how a 5-year-old can make that assumption. Maybe Kotex needs to expand their business model.
- Then Kyle saw me and Mrs. Shife giving each other a hug and he asked if we are going to have the sex. Not just sex, but 'the sex.' If I had a beverage in my mouth, I would have done a spit take. Not exactly what I was expecting to hear from my 8-year-old. I wanted to tell him that mommy and daddy are always tired so 'the sex' never happens but thought that was a lesson he can learn when he has children of his own.
- Besides keeping me on my toes with their questions and observations, they are pretty awesome. Here are their school pictures:
- In the past, Kyle has looked like death warmed over or a squirrel rave had just ended in his hair so we were pleasantly surprised when we got the pics this year.
- Frizzle posed recently as well. She wanted me to see what she would look like as a chocolate lab. The dog loves the mud and water. If there's a puddle of water outside she's going to find out.
- And my GIF to you:
- Well, that's all for this week, folks. Thanks for stopping by, talk to you soon, enjoy your weekend and I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.