- A much better week as far as stress goes and thank you for the nice words. But that doesn't mean it was dull around the Shifley household. A few gems out of the mouth of the kids highlighted the week.
- First, Hayden looking at Mrs. Shife's box of feminine hygiene products and asking me if the new markers were for her. Based on the image below, I can see how a 5-year-old can make that assumption. Maybe Kotex needs to expand their business model.
- Then Kyle saw me and Mrs. Shife giving each other a hug and he asked if we are going to have the sex. Not just sex, but 'the sex.' If I had a beverage in my mouth, I would have done a spit take. Not exactly what I was expecting to hear from my 8-year-old. I wanted to tell him that mommy and daddy are always tired so 'the sex' never happens but thought that was a lesson he can learn when he has children of his own.
- Besides keeping me on my toes with their questions and observations, they are pretty awesome. Here are their school pictures:
- In the past, Kyle has looked like death warmed over or a squirrel rave had just ended in his hair so we were pleasantly surprised when we got the pics this year.
- Frizzle posed recently as well. She wanted me to see what she would look like as a chocolate lab. The dog loves the mud and water. If there's a puddle of water outside she's going to find out.
- And my GIF to you:
- Well, that's all for this week, folks. Thanks for stopping by, talk to you soon, enjoy your weekend and I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Ms. Frizzle can still try to obtain black lab...ReplyDelete
Kids' pictures are adorable as always.
Enjoy your turkey day and stay safe. :-)
Kids do say the darnedest things. Great pictures. Happy Thanksgiving.ReplyDelete
Those squirrel raves can break out anywhere, anytime. You just never know.ReplyDelete
Oh Gosh, funny kids. Faith used to have some good ones and I would send them to one particular newspaper column. He would publish them and I would cut them out and save them. And Frizz, you dirty dog you!ReplyDelete
While she didn't declare that they were markers, Julia did walk out once with the box triumphantly held over her head, asking "What's these?". Just another story we can tell her about later.ReplyDelete
Kids. No filters at all :) Too funny.ReplyDelete
Squirrel rave - love it.
The school pictures are excellent! And Ms. Frizzle wouldn't be normal if she didn't go for the puddles. You don't want her to be abnormal now do you?
Oooh fond memories have swiftly returned of Maxie (my yellow Labrador) getting much joy out of muddy puddles. He enjoyed it, I didn't! Love the pictures of your good looking kids. They're very knowledgeable for their ages!!!ReplyDelete
nice mae geri from kyle. good knee action.ReplyDelete