- I guess summer is over. Woke up this morning and it was barely 50 degrees. It was a shock to the system since we were in 90s earlier this week.
- Somebody is ready for fall weather.
Or she's working on her shiv to take me out later this month.
- Kyle and Hayden did get to enjoy one more day at the water park before it closed for the season.
- One thing I have noticed with Kyle and Hayden is how they like to spend time together after school. It's not the best picture because I was being sneaky and didn't want them to see me. But one of them will sit on the "cube" and the other one will be in the swing and they just talk. My theory is that really miss each other during the day and reconnect after school. Or they are working with Frizzle on taking me out later this month.
- Recommendation of the week: "Red Oaks." It's on Amazon Prime and I really enjoyed it. I guess that's obvious because I probably wouldn't put something I didn't like as a recommendation. I can't quite put my finger on it but it likes a combination of a John Hughes movie like "Sixteen Candles" and a Savage Steve Holland film like "Better Off Dead." A lot of 80s nostalgia. Maybe that's why it grabs me because I was a teenager in the 80s.
- Quote of the week: You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. - Evan Esar
- Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
60 would be considered a nice warm day here in the UK!ReplyDelete
I really like that quote!
Our temps are also dropping so cooler and still smokey.ReplyDelete
Never let that slow down the dog people. Fellow came with
a mask and portable oxygen today.
When S and J were in 4th grade and in the same class, S
came home sick in the morning. The whole day went by and
when it came time to go home J went up to the teacher and
asked 'where is my sister?' :-)
Yes,summer is over. I was waiting for our local pool to open so I could do my morning laps and it was only 47 degrees outside. Time to hunt in my closet for long pants and a coat.ReplyDelete
One of the best things about my kids is the fact that they get along so well. I do love seeing your two doing the same thing.ReplyDelete
Yes it has been quite a shock and I suspect that in another month I'll be turning the furnace on. It's nice to see siblings that get along, really sweet.ReplyDelete
September and COLD. Never known it get so cold so early. The heating bill will be over the top at this rage.ReplyDelete
It's great that your children talk to each other and get on so well. Most that I know or knew argued incessantly.
my kids fought like dogs and cats most of the time. they'd occasionally call a truce to conspire on emptying my wallet.ReplyDelete
did miss frizzle watch game of thrones with you? she seems to know that winter is coming.
It's wonderful that your kids get along so well. And yes, we've had some really chilly nights here - one night I even had to turn on the heat - but now it's back to warm and muggy. You might get a few warm days yet. Maybe?ReplyDelete