- Ms. Frizzle's mortal enemies appear to be literacy and clean floors. She's extremely unwavering in her desire to eat every book she can get her jaws around and she's also furiously determined to devour a push broom. The publications and sweeping device are learning that hell hath no vengeance like a Labrador puppy. It can also be very tiring. And nothing is better than taking a nap on a pile of clean clothes.
- Kyle read a message I wrote on a dry-erase board that said: "Does this add value to your life?" It's a phrase I picked up from a podcast to help me in my efforts to not buy stuff. We have too much in the Shifley household and a lot of stuff that doesn't add value to our lives. Anyway, Kyle read it and then asked me if the hooded sweatshirt I was wearing brought value to my life. I said it does because it keeps me warm. Then he asked me if my goatee brought me value. I had to think about that one for a moment and I told him that it saves me time because I don't have to shave my whole face and thus brings me value. Kyle found that answer unacceptable and asked again. I thought a little longer and told him that it brings me value because Mrs. Shife finds my goatee sexy and irresistible so I get lots of kisses from her. Kyle then immediately left the room and then I heard, "Momma, do you find Daddy's goatee sketchy?"
Mrs. Shife and I both laughed out loud a lot.
- The place I call home - Boise, Idaho - has seen more snow than any year since 1892. We have had 29.2 inches since Dec. 1. For some reason, this thought popped into my head:
- If a flight attendant says "See you next time" as you're leaving the plane ... well that's not a good thing. It's code for "Eff you." Read all about it here.
- It's Friday the 13th and a full moon. Should be an interesting day.
Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.