- I started the new gig on 10/4. I figured that was a good day to remember since it was National Trucker Day. And you know how much I love truckers. I can only imagine the lines and lines of text that I must have devoted to truckers during my more than 10 years of blogging.
I just did a quick search, and if you guessed only one mention of trucker on my blog, then my friend you need to give your brain a big kiss. Here's that endangered species from back in 2007: I might be wearing Aqua-Man underoos and a trucker hat that says “I Brake For Clam Bakes." It's safe to say I had a different mindset back then.
- However, from that same blog post I did chuckle at this piece of writing: I might have read the fat basset’s personal journal. His latest entry said – What gets me hot: Country ham, farting into the heating system, and rubbing against Granny’s leg while she naps.
- And you might be wondering how's the new gig going? Well, it's going great. I am really enjoying it so far. The toughest decision I had to make was figuring what lanyard to use for my ID badge. I think I chose wisely even though they drove me mad this year.
- Hello ... Kitty? Why are you on my soy sauce packet?
- Maybe the bigger question is why is there a soy sauce packet in the front seat of my car?
Well, yours truly thought it would be a wise idea to buy sushi from the grocery store. Yours truly is an idiot. I knew it was going to be bad but I still did it.
It might as well have had "You Will Immediately Regret This Decision" written on the label in big, bold letters.
I am a dumb, white guy.
Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you soon. 10-4 good blogging buddies.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
For me, all sushi is a bad decision. Mind you, I've never had it. I just KNOW. Because I am a picky eater. Hope your meal doesn't come back to haunt you.ReplyDelete
That driver guy is nuts.
Hope the new gig continues to go well.
Send your creepy clowns here - Abby promises to bite them!ReplyDelete
I agree with Jenny, sushi is never a good idea and I've never eaten it either.ReplyDelete
I hope you continue to enjoy your new adventure, if the sushi doesn't kill you.
I tried it once and hated it.... of course, I am talking about sushi! Great news about the gig, hope to hear more on that in future posts. Have a happy weekend.ReplyDelete
Glad to hear the new job is going well so far, despite the dilemma on the lanyard. Sorry about the hurricane being your namesake, but in all fairness, I have two kids and each has had a hurricane or tropical storm named for them this season. Not really something you have to deal with in Idaho.ReplyDelete
My husband starts a new job soon too, I hope he enjoys his as much.ReplyDelete
farting in the heating system! man, why have i never heard of this before. it would have been an excellent addition to the my kids dutch oven lesson.ReplyDelete
Good choice on the lanyard...not so good choice on the sushi. Did you get soy sauce all over the truck, or was it just the taste that made you regret your decision? I've slowly become a sushi fan, but I don't think I'd try grocery store sushi. Was it really bad?ReplyDelete
Fart in the heating....hours of funReplyDelete