“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one, which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- Today is the day that marks the end of my time at my current job. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life. More details to come as I should have plenty to share next week. Wish me luck.
- I have been paying someone to torture me. No I'm not talking about watching the analysis of the presidential debate on the news channels. I have plantar fasciitis (inflammation of the heels) and it's starting to get pretty painful. I have done the cortisone shot approach before and vowed to never do that again, which led me to my current situation. The doctor I'm working with is reattaching the fascia back to my muscle, and to do this, he has to drive his thumb as hard as he can into my foot. He starts at my heel and works his way up my calf. It hurts. A lot. Since this area of my body is incredibly tender, I was just about in tears after my first sessions. The good news is the doctor believes I will be OK after 2 more sessions. Wish me luck ... again.
- Also painful is watching my baseball team do their best to not make the playoffs. My team is the St. Louis Cardinals. If you follow baseball then you know why I'm terribly frustrated watching them. Can you wish me luck once more?
- Quote of the week: Thinking is difficult; that’s why most people judge. - Carl
- Recommendation of the week: With a bunch of new TV shows starting, I have watched three: "This Is Us," "Pitch" and "Longmire." I have watched "Longmire" since it was on A&E and I still find it entertaining. Plus, I can binge watch it and move on to something else like watching horrible baseball.
It's almost unbearable how adorable Tank is with his new bestie.
Hayden and Kyle enjoying some time down by the river.
Hayden taking the husky hound for a walk.
He needs all the help he can get as he's now over 70 pounds.
That's all for today. Thank you for stopping by. Talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.