- Week 2 with the BAHA implant and things are definitely getting better. Sounds are starting to sound more natural, and I can now use it as a bluetooth device allowing me to stream music and my phone into my head. I'm still adjusting to hearing stuff that I never heard before like the humming of an electronic device. The sound that still gets my attention is footsteps whether it be mine, Mrs. Shife, the kids or Tank. I don't know why but I just like hearing them. The sound that I don't enjoy that much is the wind because it's just loud and the implant really picks it up.
- I promised Mr. Rosewater some news about Kyle Bunga as I haven't mentioned him a lot lately. Here you go my friend up north.
- Kyle has 3 days of school left and then school's out for the summer. He will be a 2nd-grader in the fall and that still seems hard to believe.
- He loves reading and math, and his favorite books right now are the Magic Tree House series.
- He also loves playing Star Wars Lego on the Wii.
- He doesn't like getting hair cuts and has informed us that he wants to have long hair because he wants to look like a pirate.
- Besides swimming lessons, Kyle will be going to Jedi camp and Junior Chef's camp this summer.
- Kyle has been asking for a new pet as his beta fish, Snowball, passed away. Mrs. Shife and I are still undecided, but I would wager we are going to hold off for a little bit.
- He's excited to meet the cow that he named Fuzzy. She was born on his birthday and his Grandpa gave him the honor of picking her handle.
- Recommendation of the week: "Bloodline" on Netflix. And beer. Both are really good.
- Quote of the week: The greatest danger for most of us is not that we aim too high and we miss it, but we aim too low and reach it. – Michelangelo
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.