- May 17 will mark the beginning of a new eara or ear-a. Did you see what I did there? Eara instead of era. I'm just a sneaky little fella aren't I? On this day, I will get the processor to go with my BAHA implant and will be hearing life in stereo mode. I'm pretty excited, but waiting is going to be hard. I feel like a kid counting down to Christmas.
- Terrible segue ahead.
- I was pretty saddened to hear about the death of Prince. I haven't listened to much of his new stuff, but I loved a lot of his old stuff. One of the best concerts I ever saw was a Prince and the Revolution tribute band in Las Vegas. It was amazing. We also were pretty lucky because the tribute band, which is called Purple Reign, must have just started because the show was free. Now it's $59 bucks for a general admission ticket to see them.
- The next time we talk I will be a year older. I don't get excited about birthdays like I used to, but I also remind myself of this quote when I get those Ebnezer Scrooge-type feelings: Don't regret growing older. It's a privilege denied to many.
- What am I doing to celebrate the anniversary of my birth? Well thanks for asking. Mrs. Shife and I got a sitter and we are going to see one of my favorite comedians, who I think came to town just to help me celebrate my birthday. His name is Jimmy Pardo and he makes me LOL.
- Can you spot Kyle and Hayden?
- Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you later.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.