- Recommendation of the week: Winning the Powerball. I'm really enjoying the week off with Mrs. Shife and the kiddos, and I think winning a sizable amount of money would really let me enjoy a lot more time off. =)
- Quote of the the week: What I don't understand is how women can pour hot wax on their bodies, let it dry, then rip out every single hair by its root and still be scared of spiders. ― Jerry Seinfeld
- Second quote of the week: Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.” ― Steve Jobs
- I know the second is a little morbid, and as far as I know, I will not be dead soon. I just think about my own mortality a little more now that I'm older and it makes decision-making a lot easier for me when it comes to what really matters to me and my life.
- Hard to believe this guy passed away: Garry Shandling, star of "The Larry Sanders Show." It is easily one of my top 10 favorite comedies. And from what I'm reading online, Mr. Shandling was just as generous as he was funny.
- Hard to believe fact of the week: This dude is going to be 7 next week.
Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you tomorrow.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.