What did I do this week?
- I shaved off all my facial hair and then got carded when I bought beer. I know I don't look my age but I think this lady might have picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
- Struggled to fulfill a birthday request from Kyle. He turns 7 at the end of the month and he has asked for a Pokemon hoodie. Unfortunately, the only Pokemon hoodies we can find are well not that awesome and by not that awesome I mean hideous:
- Sulked over a new book review I got. It's been almost 18 months since I released my book and you would think I would have thicker skin by now.
- Complained about the upcoming weather.
- Wow. Just re-reading the above bullet points and I am just a ray of frickin' sunshine, which we will not get for the next five days based on that weather forecast.
- I need to work on my positive attitude. I should fix that.
Take 2: Mr. Shife's Positive March Madness 2016 - Day 10
- I'm glad that I take care of myself and still look young enough to get carded to buy beer.
- I'm grateful that I'm able to try and get my son the things he would like for his birthday.
- The book review got 3 out 5 stars. Better than average. I even admit in my book that it's not going to be the next great American novel. I just want my voice to be heard and share my experiences. I got my wish with this reviewer and he liked the way I told my stories.
- The weather isn't going to be perfect, but it will give me some time to work on some projects inside the house and all that rain will help out some areas that could use the water.
- How's that?
- It's just weird because it doesn't feel authentic, but I do feel better after writing those positive words.
Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you tomorrow.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.