Waking up with a horse's head in your bed in the morning is pretty horrible. But a close second has to be waking up thinking it's Saturday when it's only Friday.
I thought "The Simpsons "GIF to the classic "Godfather" scene was nicer to share with all of you wonderful blog visitors. You are welcome. Seriously, am I the nicest dumb, white guy you know?
My reaction went from "Yay!" to "Oh Hell No!" when I realized the horror that it was FRIDAY!!
I forget to set my alarm and I guess my brain just thought since the alarm didn't go off then it was le weekend (that's French for the weekend in case you were wondering. I like to class up the blog every now and then). I woke up late and was a little rushed getting to work on time, but all in all it turned out to be a nice day.
That was my Friday. Here's what else is going on in my world:
- Surgery update: Still working our way through the appeal process with insurance, but we are going to have it anyway. March 18th is the day. The doctor's office worked with us to get the price down if we do have to pay for it and it's a little more manageable. However, if by the beard of Zeus, the insurance comes through then I will gladly let them help pay for it.
- I was wavering quite a bit, but then I heard this testimonial from someone who had the surgery. They call them BAHA aha moments. Anyway, the lady said it was when she could actually hear her child whisper "I love you" in her ear. And that sealed the deal.
- I have always felt that someone has been looking out for me because I have almost taken some serious wrong turns during this life of mine. I swear my guardian angel has a serious drinking problem to cope with me being their client. I recently explored an opportunity – that I can't go into too much detail about because I never know who is reading this blog o' mine – but I'm glad my guardian angel did another intervention as the opportunity wasn't as awesome as promised. This is terribly vague and I apologize. I guess I'll defer to Garth Brooks and just say "Thank God for unanswered prayers."
- Quote of the week:The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. – Marcel Proust
- Recommendation of the week: "Deadpool." Loved it. It's definitely not for everyone, but I have loved Ryan Reynolds – yes I said loved – since I first saw that studly do-right on a sitcom called "Two Guys, A Girl And A Pizza Place." I just loved his smart ass character. I'm kinda like that and maybe it was cool to see a version of myself on TV. Ryan has had some clunkers since that sitcom, but he recaptured that original magic I first saw in him with "Deadpool."
Enjoy your weekend, folks. Take care and thanks for stopping by.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.