- As a parent, you sort of know your kid but every now and then they surprise you. Did you enjoy that laugh? Who am I kidding? My kids surprise me every day. Just this very day, Hayden said she wanted poop for dinner. I'm not quite sure what that means, but poop is probably not part of any recommended physician's diet. OK. I do know what she meant. My daughter is a lot like me and she's just trying to be funny. Sometimes at 4 we just don't quite have a handle on sarcasm. Or perhaps she has eaten enough of her father's cooking and went with the tastier choice?
- I got way off task here because I was going to talk about Mr. Kyle Bunga. He got invited to a birthday party tomorrow, but faced a dilemma. Tomorrow is also a big STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) fair at the local university that is geared towards the little people. As I mentioned previously on this blog of mine, Kyle has said he wanted to be a scientist, but I thought for sure a friend's birthday party would certainly win over his Saturday plans. Nope. The little man thought about it for a moment and said he wanted to go to the fair. I was pretty surprised and I was also thrilled because I am looking forward to spending the day with him and seeing what he finds the most interesting.
- How's your week going? Did anybody get peed on by a dog? Oh just me. Sweet. At work we are helping out a co-worker's family by walking their dogs and I'm terrible at it because I got pissed on. The dog is a yellow lab and I was just chatting away with a friend until I looked down to see that I had walked into his line of fire. I think Tank has trained me that I would never have to worry about that situation with him because he's a midget compared to a lab. I know I'm not the smartest man in the world but I thought I had mastered the skill of dog walking. Evidently not.
- Hearing surgery update: First, thank you for your support. Second, it might not happen as soon as I would like. I have it tentatively scheduled for March 10, but I am having a bit of a battle with my health insurance company which could lead to a postponement as we would have to take some more time to save up more money if we have to pay for it ourselves.
- Any big plans for the Super Bowl? We will be going over to a friend's place but probably will only make it to halftime as the kiddos have to go to school the next day. It would be pretty cool if the NFL had the Super Bowl on a Saturday. Just throwing that out there, Roger Goodell.
- Quote of the week: Care about what other people think and you will always be
their prisoner. - James Frey
- Recommendation of the week: "When Breath Becomes Air," a book by Paul Kalinithi
- Well it's been an up and down week emotionally for me. Lots of highs and lows but I'm on the right side of the grass, I have an awesome wife and amazing kiddos, a pretty sweet basset hound and lots of great folks like you guys who stop by to say hi. Thanks. Have a wonderful weekend.
Saturday, February 06, 2016
Random Acts of Shifeness: Hello February
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.