- See if you recognize anyone from this "Stuff the Bus" segment from one of our local news channels, http://on.ktvb.com/1Qnrs5i. Hayden was filmed giving a gift to a toy drive because as the news cameraman said she was "adorable." And I totally agreed.
- The Liberation of Fatty Arbuckle was a success. It hurts like hell to sit right now but other than that I’m fine. I was tempted to take a picture of what they removed and share but decided against it. You are welcome.
- My favorite quote of the week: Don't live the same year 75 times and call it a life. – Robin Sharma
- Did I mention that I have taken a Facebook sabbatical? I have been off the site for about a month and I’m OK with it.
- I saved the really depressing stuff for last so if you made it this far it's going to get rough now but there's a happy ending. Last week I was in a really dark place. Like I wanted to end it all kind of dark place. So how did this happen? Well I went to my doctor in November to talk about getting on some meds to help handle the seasonal affective disorder I have been dealing with the last few winters and I just wanted to try to get in front of it this year. I was prescribed Zoloft, and after about 2 weeks I noticed that I was not feeling like myself at all. Panic attacks were spiraling into angry anxiety which then led to some serious depression, and that’s when I started fantasizing a little bit about suicide. It was quite scary because I have never done that before. So as you can guess I’m off Zoloft because I would really like to grow old with Mrs. Shife and watch those kiddos of mine grow up. My doctor switched me over to Valium, which is working a lot better for me. Look how cheerful I look. I really actually do feel about 1000 times better.
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Random Acts of Shifeness: Later Fatty
Thanks for stopping by the blog. Have a great weekend.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.