- Tank Tank can cross "Catch a Squirrel" off his bucket list. Mister Basset found a baby squirrel to play with in the back yard this week. I got out there in time to hopefully save the little tree-dwelling rodent. I transported the squirrel to the vet and when he becomes a famous water-skiing squirrel he better remember the dude that saved his life.
- In case you were wondering - and I know you were - what else is on Tank's bucket list, well here it is: Lead sled dog in Iditarod, make out with the black lab down the block, eat cheese until he explodes, never take a bath again, ride in a convertible and unlimited belly rubs.
- Mrs. Shife and I had the opportunity to see "A River Runs Through It" in the theaters again last night, and it was awesome. A local theater plays classic movies about once a month, and it's just another reason why we love living in Boise freakin' Idaho. It had been a long time since I saw "A River Runs Through It" and it's still one of my favorites. Beautiful, tragic, inspiring and powerful. I definitely sobbed a lot more watching it this time.
- Hayden Belle is enjoying pre-school quite a lot and here's a picture of her from a recent field trip to the pumpkin patch.
- Another softball season has come to a close for Mr. Shife, and this is the first year in a long time that I wasn't quite ready for it to end. Maybe it has something do with the weather as it has been incredibly nice (it's supposed to be 88 and sunny tomorrow) or maybe it's because I was only playing on one team. Whatever the case I am looking forward to another year of softball in 2016.
- Well that's all for this week. Hope all is well in your corner of the world. Take care my friends and talk to you soon.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
abby says congrats to Tank. another point inReplyDelete
the dog vs squirrel column. :-)
wow, i'm impressed. rip has caught a few rats but has her heart set on catching a squirrel. those little hooligans are incredibly fast so she's come up empty so far. rip looks like she can move a lot faster than tank but i guess tank has a better technique.ReplyDelete
Glad to hear that baby squirrel made it. Have a great weekend.ReplyDelete
If you run out of squirrels I can ship a few over. I'm fed up with the wreckers.ReplyDelete
Not heard of 'A River Runs Through It' - wondering if it's on DVD. Glad to hear Hayden is loving pre-school.
When Nellie was young and fast she had her teeth wrapped around a Killdeer while running in the football field. I saved that little bird just in time. You got to give him an A for effort. There is nothing sweeter than seeing a group of pre-schoolers on a pumpkin field trip.ReplyDelete
With our cats, who give Garfield a run for the "laziest cat" title, we're lucky to get a lizard. Congrats to Tank, though he has two more to go before he ties my pool's body count.ReplyDelete
Glad the squirrel wasn't harmed!!! Loved how he was transported to the vet in a Corna box :)ReplyDelete