- I knew having kids would mean sacrificing some stuff but I am a little surprised at what it turned out to be for me. Watching sports and following my teams was a pretty big part of my life before Thing 1 and Thing 2 entered the picture but now it's just not possible to devote 6-8 hours a week watching sports. I don't mind it but again I'm just a little amazed because I was a pretty big sports junkie.
- Another sacrifice has been hanging out with my friends. It's just hard finding the time right now. The day gets going about 6:30 am and it's about 8 pm before I can think about having a little quiet time.
- I don't know if I shared this or not but Tank isn't a rocket scientist. I always say he's like a stereotypical supermodel: lots of beauty but no brains. The other day he reminded me of his mental shortcomings when he was begging for some cheese, and as I tossed him a piece, he didn't even bat an eyelash as the cheese hit him right in the middle of his furry face. He didn't even open his mouth to try and catch it. This went on for about 5 days in a row. Maybe he is intelligent and is playing the dumb card to get as much cheese from me as possible and I'm the jackass. Anyway, I'm going with the dumb dog storyline because then I can say that my dog is Derek Zoolander (If you are not familiar with Zoolander, then go here) as he is really, really, ridiculously good looking but not so bright.
Here's Tank Tank striking his Zoolander pose, and yes that's a pacifier in his mouth.
- We are making a painful transition in the Shifley household as Hayden has decided naps are stupid and is no longer interested in them. I think I'm taking it the hardest because there were days when she would take her afternoon nap and I could catch a few winks too as Kyle was being entertained by cartoons.
- At least Hayden used words to tell us she was done napping. Kyle told us he no longer wants to nap by ripping off his pull-ups and peeing all over his blankets, pillows and stuffed animals. Not once but two afternoons in a row.
- That is all. Enjoy your weekend. Talk to you soon.