- RAOS or Random Acts of Shifeness, and not to be confused with ROUS, which are Rodents of Unusual Size from the awesomeness that is The Princess Bride.
- Kyle is officially registered for kindergarten. I was a proud poppa watching him go through the whole process. He was engaging, polite, and patient, and he even shared a funny story about Hayden to a teacher but I'm saving that for next week.
- I also set a good example to the staff and fellow kindergarten parents by wearing my Sunday best to the registration. What do you think of my shirt?
I don't always drink but when I do, I drink Wisconsinbly.
- Did you enjoy Daylight Savings? It took the kids about 3 days to adjust. They woke up at 7:30 on Monday, and then by Wednesday morning they were back to normal ready to start their day at 6 in the morning. Good times.
- Is there a movie that makes you stop channel surfing and lures you in? I have several but last week as I was checking out the TV it was The Last of the Mohicans that sucked me in to its end.
- Mrs. Shife and I are going to celebrate this weekend because the anniversary of her birth is on Monday, which is St. Patrick's Day. In our younger days, we used to get after it and even flew down to Vegas a few times to celebrate the occasion. Not anymore but I kind of like the ways things are currently.
- Speaking of Mrs. Shife, she sent me this funny text while I was at work: Guess who went poop in the potty like a big girl today??!!! (Hint, not me LOL).
- I did LOL after reading it.
Hayden thinks Kyle makes an excellent chair while they watch House of Cards. Oh I'm just kidding they were watching some cartoon on Disney Jr or Nick Jr or Netflix or Amazon. I have lost track but you can bet a fat basset it was a cartoon.
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
I'd hate to have to dodge that marsh gas as much as the ROUS.ReplyDelete
Yay! for Kyle. He's so bright and fun. He will be a good student.
"Wisconsinbly" Ha! Do they ferment cheese?
I had no trouble with two days off to adjust to DL. I'm loving the longer days.
Scent of a Woman catches me every time.
Happy birthday to your wife!
Oh dear... is the lovely Mrs.Shife constipated?
I wish I had a fat basset to bet!
My son actually seems to look down at people who don't have Netflix streaming at their house. I can't even tell you the last time we actually watched a movie on there. Mostly it's just Daniel TigerReplyDelete
Mrs Shife's text made me laugh out loud...and I needed a laugh..ReplyDelete
I love daylight savings, it means summer is right around the corner. Congrats to Kyle, you're going to love the stories he comes home with everyday. We had rain, hail, thunder and sunshine today. But tomorrow should be a better day.ReplyDelete
Doesn't it bring a lump to the throat when the kids start school. I remember it well.. sigh!ReplyDelete
Early birthday greetings to Mrs Shife, hope you both have a a great day.
We don't change our clocks until the end of the month and I can't wait for a few more daylight hours.
Love the picture, Matt. You have two fine kids there.
How can your son be ready for kindergarten? He was just born yesterday. Hayden is still a gleam in her daddy's eye, right?ReplyDelete
Oh, they are beautiful.
Happy birthday to your bride!
And of course, congratulations to Hayden for pooping in the potty, which is a very big deal.
kindergarden! let the adventure begin.ReplyDelete
i complain a little about the clock changing, then i think about those poor buggers having to work different shifts. that makes me feel guilty so i turn on the tv. i've found that a good tv program can cure anything.
Cool shirt, mine just says:ReplyDelete
"I always drink."
Have you seen Resurrection?
Looks like it might be pretty good.
HA Love that you wore that shirt!! Hated DST I like falling back but spring forward is painfulReplyDelete
Ha. I love that you answered everything, silly rabbit. Thank you. You are the best.ReplyDelete
We were in the Daniel Tiger phase briefly, Jon, but now Sheriff Callie has saddled up and taken over.ReplyDelete
Hi angel. Good to see you and glad you got a much-needed laugh.ReplyDelete
I am looking forward to summer too, kden.ReplyDelete
Thank you once again, Val. You always make my day with your comments.ReplyDelete
Thank you Ms. Moon. It was quite the week for the Shifleys.ReplyDelete
I think you are right about the tv programs, BP.ReplyDelete
I should buy that shirt too, texlahoma. I heard about that show and it sounded interesting. Let me know if it's any good.ReplyDelete
Hi ya Phats. DST can suck a d.ReplyDelete