- We had the no vacancy sign out this week as my sister-in-law and her kids visited us for a few days. She has twins - a boy and a girl - who are 16-months-old so there was a lot of activity going on at Casa de Shifley. At one point, we had 6 kids under the age of 5 over here having a good old time. And for some reason the adults were consuming more alcohol than usual at night.
- Speaking of alcohol, I'm still on my beer sabbatical. My tongue is looking better and I haven't died yet from missing my beer so that's good news.
- I have tried several different hard alcohols. First bourbon, then vodka, and then rum. I wasn't a big fan of the bourbon, the vodka was fine but the one I picked was distilled from barley and since I'm allergic to it my tongue got a little inflamed and sore a few days later. I guess I have to do a better job of reading those labels.
- So the winner was rum. I'm liking the white or silver rum. I add some ice, a lime slice, carbonated water and it's not too shabby.
- I can't believe March is here and we will be celebrating Mrs. Shife's birthday shortly and then Kyle will be having a birthday too as he's turning 5. Crazy how fast time flies.
- I had to go to his soon-to-be new school today and pick up his kindergarten registration packet. I really can't believe he'll be going to kindergarten next year. Did I mention it's crazy how fast time flies?
- You may or may not remember that I mentioned I wanted to do a 1,000 miles in 2014. Well I'm still doing it. I only have 818 more to go.
- I've been working at my new job for three weeks now and it's going really well. I like it a lot and enjoy the people I work with. One result of having to work at an office with other people is that I've never been cleaner. As a stay-at-home dad there were times when I would go European. I didn't make it to the shower as often as I would have liked. But now I have to scrub-a-dub-dub every day so I don't offend my new co-workers.
That is all. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.
Kyle and Hayden enjoying some time at their bounce house.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.