- Here's a picture of Hayden reading in her parent's bed. The title of the book is The Out-Of-Sync Child, and I think she is looking for tips to be able to deal with her big brother.
- Speaking of books, I was hoping to release mine by the end of this year but it's just not coming together as fast as I hoped so I have decided that a release in March or April is going to be more realistic.
- Anybody else watch "Sons of Anarchy"? If so, what did you think of that finale? I will not spoil anything if you haven't seen it but I will mention that I do look at my kitchen sink a little differently.
- Christmas shopping for the kids is done. Thank you Amazon. I'm not brave or medicated enough to go to the mall and deal with the hot mess that is American consumerism with less than 2 weeks to go until Santa Claus comes to town.
- Mrs. Shife and I have a date night on Friday. Thinking about a movie? Anyone have anything they recommend? The last one we saw in the theaters was We're The Millers so yeah we don't really get to the movies that often.
- I have felt less than magnificent this week. I don't know if it's the weather (we have been below zero and single digits for a few days in a row with little to no sunshine) or if it's just my turn to feel funky for a bit but this quote made me feel a little better: "And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, 'Fuck waffles.'" – George Carlin
- And finally for no reason at all other than to give you nightmares when you go to sleep tonight, here is a sensual Shrek nude. Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for reading.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
There's just something about really cold temperatures that just suck the life out of you. When I was writing my post last night, it was about 50 degrees. Definitely not the same thing you're dealing with.ReplyDelete
I woke up this morning to find the chicken waterers frozen over. Say what?ReplyDelete
For our Friday night date nights, my husband and I used to go have drinks and then supper and then maybe dancing. Every Friday night. We talked and talked and had the best time.
Movies don't make for such good talking.
But...that worked for us. Maybe not for y'all.
I ordered most of my gifts on line again this year; it's so less stressful. It's warming up around here, hope you're getting the same. And enjoy movie night!ReplyDelete
It's hard for us to deal with winter weather down here, we had freezing rain then snow, at least the electricity stayed on, Dallas wasn't so lucky.ReplyDelete
Wait until Hayden is reading Out Of Control Parents - How to Manipulate Them.
i'm debating whether or not to watch the sons of anarchy. loved season 1 but liked each following season a little less and i just watched pacific rim so i'm a little jaxed out.ReplyDelete
have you and kyle had any dogfights with those remote control helicopters?
I think I would rather watch Shrek erotica than "Meet the Millers."ReplyDelete
Very cute picture of Hayden.ReplyDelete
You guys should see Catching Fire!
I am braving the mall to finish my shopping Friday can't wait
I have no idea how I missed this post, Matt. Must be damned blogger again! It plays havoc with my blog roll. When it does work, it shows older posts instead of current ones ... duh!ReplyDelete
Have to say I've done a lot of on-line shopping this year, and loved how relaxed it all was. I didn't see Santa anywhere but I guess him and the reindeer were overseeing the whole system.
re: Shrek nude:ReplyDelete
Dude, W.T.F. (all caps, bold)