- Two more weeks and the Shifleys are going on vacation. Mrs. Shife and I are really looking forward to getting away for a few days.
- Kyle might have his first crush. He will not sit down on the rug at his preschool for circle time until his friend Calliope has picked her spot. It is pretty darn cute watching him wait as patiently as a 4-year-old boy can for her to sit down. Might have to play him the Brad Paisley song Waitin' On A Woman.
- My favorite quote of the week: There is more to life than increasing its speed. –– Gandhi
- Kyle has to bring a d word this week to preschool, and he told me he wanted to bring me. Made my day. At least I hope d is for daddy and not dummy.
- The kids had to get their flu shots this week, and Kyle told the nurse that he wanted Hayden to go first. I guess he's following the woman and children first philosophy.
- Have you ever come across someone wearing the same shirt as you? I hardly ever do and just wonder if my fashion sense is that awful. When it's hot, I wear shorts, a t-shirt, and black Chuck Taylors. When it's cold, I wear sweat pants, a flannel shirt, and Doc Martins. Not exactly going to be featured in GQ Magazine but that's how I roll.
- Does this sword make Tank look fat? Not the most flattering of angles for our basset hound.
- I posted this on Facebook but had to share here as well. Mrs. Shife's deodorant was recently confiscated by our TSA agents in training. Gotta keep it under 3 ounces. It was way too quiet in the house so I made my rounds and walked in on Kyle and Hayden putting on her deodorant. They smelled wonderful by the way, and Hayden really loved the extra volume it gave her hair. Also, just because I've got a smart phone doesn't mean I know how to get rid of the red eye. Or is it possible they are Terminators in training?
- And more pictures of the kids for no reason at all. I was working with Hayden on saying "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when a boy asks her out on a date. And Kyle is smiling because he heard it was Friday.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.