Just sitting there on my screen.
Blinking at me.
Or maybe the cursor is flashing me like a perv in a trenchcoat.
Is it blinking or flashing?
Anyway the blinking or flashing cursor seems like it's just waiting for me to write something substantial. Trust me I'm trying.
All the stuff I think I should write about just feels like there isn't enough that's worth an entire blog post or maybe my motivation isn't there to develop it.
In no particular order, this is what I have thought about writing this week:
- How Kyle's was almost named Larry (If only the Cardinals won the Super Bowl in 2009)
- How he got to hear the origins of his nickname Bunga (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- How I'm having an identity crisis with my hair (I shaved it all off)
- How I reacted when I got my book cover design ideas back from the artist (Disappointed but after talking to someone much smarter than me I'm feeling much better about it)
- How I wanted to integrate "I finally was able to score some military-grade LSD" into my latest blog post (Thought it was a funny expression)
- How exhausted I'm feeling after taking care of the kids, Tank, the house, and my freelance work every day (Schedule changes at the Shifley household have been a little difficult for me and Mrs. Shife)
- How some of my favorite shows feature leading men that do some extremely horrible things (Dexter Morgan from Dexter, Walter White from Breaking Bad, Jax from Sons of Anarchy, Cullen Bohannon from Hell on Wheels)
- How I hope we don't go to war with Syria (Only the dead have seen the end of war – Plato)
- How emotionally gut-wrenching it was working at a newspaper during the 9/11 attacks (Working 16-hour days trying to keep it together while putting together a newspaper about events that changed the world we live in forever and then going home to bawl my eyes out because it was so hard processing all of the horror that happened that day)
- How I don't need an update ever, ever again on what Miley Cyrus is or isn't wearing (the media feeds her ego and she can't live without it)
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.