- Movie time with Kyle Bunga. I took the big guy to his first movie today. We checked out Planes, which is basically Cars in the sky and if you know Kyle this is the perfect film in his mind.
- Are you familiar with a growler? I know it sounds like a term I would use to describe a bowel movement but it is a glass container that contains 64 ounces of deliciousness known as beer. I refilled mine last week and drank a little bit of it. Well I guess it is something that needs to be consumed within 24 hours or it will go flat, and flat beer does not equal deliciousness.
- I have eaten like an asshole pretty my entire life without too many repercussions. I have a pretty fast metabolism so pizza, burgers, nachos, steak, etc. have been mainstays in my diet but now that I have entered my 40s I have had to make a few adjustments because it turns out my metabolism is slowly down a little bit. I am doing the caveman/paleo diet for 30 days to see if it turns me into a fat-burning beast. I am going to miss pizza the most.
- Speaking of eating, I killed my grill. It is never good when you go outside to get your steaks off the grill and your BBQ is on fire. Yep, the old grill almost made it through its 7th year at the Shifley household but unfortunately it got the call to the appliance retirement home. I was bummed about the BBQ but really bummed about the steaks because they were kind of expensive.
- I saw this photo on Facebook and it made me LOL:
- My writing coach and editor for my book has released a book of her own on Amazon. Check it out, The Power of Writing Well: Write Well. Change the World. Good stuff and Dana is awesome.
- And here is a picture of Kyle enjoying breakfast as a shark. He heard you gotta live every week like it is shark week.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.