- Fill-in-the-blank: Summer colds are ______ . My answer is worse than riding down a bumpy, bumpy street on your bicycle with the seat missing.
- How does that saying go ... nothing good happens after midnight? I would like to amend that and say that nothing good happens after you start doing shots after midnight. Especially ones named "Atomic Fireballs." Unfortunately, that is what I did during my road trip with my buddies last weekend. I guess I need to live up to the title of this blog: Confessions of a Dumb, White Guy. It made for a long car ride home on Sunday. Next year the plan is to bring a taser gun and my friend who doesn't drink gets to tase me if I even think about doing shots.
- I have gone to acupuncture twice now. I was expecting it to be like this:
But it was more like this:
I told the acupuncturist where I was hurting. She stuck in a few needles in me then I leaned back in a recliner for about an hour and just chilled out. Pretty awesome. Maybe I just needed a nice power nap in a tranquil setting but I felt really great after the treatment.
- It is the little things in life that really matter.
- My favorite quote of the week: The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet. –James Oppenheim
- Now I know how people discover new music. Pandora is pretty cool. I am so frickin' hip. Next week I will tell the hottest fashion trends for the fall.
- I have one more chapter to edit for my book and then a few minor tweaks before it is sent off to get a cover design and formatted for electronic publishing. I would love to give you a date when I think I will be done but I am just not sure how much longer the process will take. I just can't believe I am getting another step closer to being done. Crazy.
- So last week was a little heartbreaking and depressing after learning about my friend's suicide. Here is the obituary if you want to read more about Mike. Still feeling pretty awful about the whole thing. Some shame and guilt. I have a lot of good memories with my friend and that is where I am trying to focus my thoughts right now. Mike was also an organ donor who had a rare blood type so they were able to find a donor for his heart which is good to hear.
- Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.