- There are a lot of quotes out there attributed to unknown or anonymous. Well that is ridiculous. Any time you see quote that has no source just go ahead and let people know I said it. I think I am the right man for the job. For example, here is one: Well, this day was totally not worth wearing clean underwear. - Mr. Shife
- You will be happy to know that my moronic thoughts like the one above do also extend to other areas like sports. My blogging buddy Phats had me pick some football games, and if you check it out you will be happy to see that I am an equal opportunity fool.
- I just love when I remember that I forgot to do something. I especially like it when that moment occurs in a setting where I have to actually speak with other people. I totally forgot to brush my teeth yesterday morning and that little tidbit dawned on me at about 2:30 in the afternoon as I was waiting to see the chiropractor. Good times.
- If you need to shed a few tears, check out this story, Live Like Line. It kind of puts things into perspective and also makes you realize that no one is guaranteed tomorrow.
- Yesterday was Tank's birthday. He is now 4. We have no idea which day in November since he was a rescue so we just decided that yesterday was a good day to celebrate our furry friend. Maybe next year it might be on the 1st or the 15th or the 24th, but we are just glad to have him around the house.
- I am thankful that college hoops starts tonight. My football teams are circling the drain, and my soccer team just got eliminated from the playoffs so I need a change of scenery in the sports world.
- I am writing a book. What the hell Mr. Shife? I know ... what the hell but it is time I took the plunge and I got tired of saying someday. I am not sure how it will turn out but basically I am taking the greatest hits from my blog and trying to turn into something that people might deem worthwhile and actually purchase. Wish me luck because honestly I am scared to death about exposing myself like this.
- My quote of the week that I can actually attribute to someone: "I think if we as human beings would stand up in the name of love and stand up for one another I think the planet would be a much different place. There is a way to be good again." - "The Kite Runner"
A friend of ours took some family portraits and here is one of my favorites of Little Miss Hayden snuggling with her beautiful and wonderful mother.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
Next time I read an anonymous quote I'm sticking your name on it. Great idea!ReplyDelete
Great story about the young girl
Our dog celebrated her 12th birthday last month. She's also a rescue dog and we don't know her birthday so we pick the middle of the month. Wishing Tank many, many more birthdays in the Shife household.
Lovely picture of your girls.
Lovely picture , or should I say, lovely subjects in that picture. Wonderful pic.ReplyDelete
Forgot to say congrats on deciding to write a book. Big step but I think you can do it. I lost another blogger friend to a book though, so try and stay with us while you're writing it.ReplyDelete
Don't worry kden I am not going anywhere, and thanks for your comments.ReplyDelete
Thank you to you too, Harry, and welcome to the blog.
Oooh a book. How wonderful. You're such a good writer I know it will be good. Loved the picture of Hayden and her lovely mom.ReplyDelete
Good luck with the book. I finished writing mine, but am lacking the nerve to publish it. Lovely photo. Happy birthday to Tank. Sorry I'm late. Or early. Only Tank knows. Nah he probably didn't make a note of it.ReplyDelete
Good for you on the book!ReplyDelete
Your daughter is a lovely, lovely flower of a girl.
Little sweet Hayden: The face of an angel-baby. Oh, you're so in for it when she turns teenage. Heheheh ;-)ReplyDelete
HAPPY BERFDAY TANK DAWG!!
Good luck with the book. Bob says "Happy birthday Tank!" (Translated version.)ReplyDelete
happy birthday tank!! ruby has the same deal, no official birthday but if i'm looking for an excuse to buy a cake; shit, it's might be ruby's birthday.ReplyDelete
i think your book should have a big fat guy who doesn't roll on shabbos.
I know it has been YEARS we've been talking about you finally writing a book. So glad you decided to take the plunge.ReplyDelete
I'd be glad to help you out in any way.
Good luck on the book. I definitely think that you'd be able to turn this into something. The best part is that since eBooks are so prevalent now, you could self-publish very easily (and in the wrong context, we could make 'self publish' sound very, very dirty).ReplyDelete
Here is a quote you can snag about somedays--Somedays start today!ReplyDelete
I would like to read this book that you speak of...