- Well we are feeling less than fabulous at the Shifley household. I don't know where we picked it up but we all got it and it is definitely no bueno. Actually I need to take that because Tank Tank is not sick and he could care less that I am under the weather as he fully insists that we still need to go for our daily 30 minute walks.
- Besides walking the Tankster every day, I have also started running every day. My goal is to run for 30 straight days and see how I feel. Honestly, some days feel better than others which is no surprise. I have always ran but it was usually just 2-3 times a week but for some reason I thought it was a good idea to run for one month solid.
- Never saw too much value in a lot of the self-help books because I felt like I would fulfilling a Stephen Wright joke. "I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose." However someone mentioned that I might like the book "Unlimited" by Jillian Michaels, and they were right. So far it has been a great read and really motivating me to achieve some of my goals like working on my book and doing more video production work.
- I am the winner this year between me and Mrs. Shife of being the one to first turn on the AC. We are having a heat wave this weekend and seeing Little Miss Hayden roasting in her swaddle blanket made me break down.
- President Obama is gearing up for his presidential campaign. He’s creating a new series of ads. The first ad boasts “Just last week my Secret Service created jobs for 11 Colombian women." –Conan O’Brien
- In honor of 4/20 day, here is a joke about pot: How do you get a one-armed stoner out of a tree? Wave.
- Well that is all folks. Hope you have a nice weekend and all is well. Thank you for stopping by and talk to you soon.
Kyle Bunga flashing the smile that gets him almost anything he wants.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
I fully understand Kyle's smile and I would willingly give him what he wants. Hope he didn't trip on that mat. Good luck with the running, thirty days is a long time to continue a resolve. I wish I could boast about our weather, it is unusually cold and wet here.ReplyDelete
My wife had been running for some time, but stopped when she got sick a few weeks ago. It's a good habit to be in, just not for me. Good luck with it.ReplyDelete
And it is so cool here in North Florida! It is lovely. But that will change and our AC will come on too.ReplyDelete
Your son is darling.
Proud of you for your running. That's really a fine goal.
Oh you think Kyle's smile opens doors, just wait til Hayden starts working those dimples. You're a goner bro.ReplyDelete
Your 4/20 joke reminds me of the timeReplyDelete
when zero-turn mowers first came out, I had a brand new one, very proud. I was mowing along, somebody drives by and waves, I wave back and immediately cut a violent circle to the right. I wanted to hide.
One of my friends had the flu, went in the bathroom and passed out hitting her head and needed 6 stitches. Sooooo stay out of the bathroom. Hope you are up and running soon.ReplyDelete
don't run too much. you'll need those knees for the rest of your life.ReplyDelete
Run Forrest. Run.ReplyDelete
Hope you all feel better. I've been sick since last Saturday. Haven't been that ill in a long time. The flu kicked my butt.ReplyDelete
And get going on your book!
What kind of video production do you do?