How about some Random Acts of Shifeness?
- For the love of fat bassets, the last thing you probably want or need is me, Mr. Shife, getting all political. However, after the state in which I reside, Idaho, approved an abortion ultrasound mandate I have had enough. I honestly believe this is being fueled by religious views and that has me worried and concerned. Religious ideology is no foundation for any law. Freedom of religion is guaranteed to any citizen in the United States; so why would the beliefs and values of one religion mandate actual laws for all citizens? It would be unfair, unjust and immoral. We do not have laws against eating fish, nor do we have laws that declare it is legal to sell one’s daughter, rape someone, or keep a person as a slave—all things that are promoted in religious text.
- I would also like to ask a lot of these politicians if the fetus they save is gay, will they still fight for its rights?
- And as The Dude said in "The Big Lebowski," "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." That is all it is, my opinion. If you agree or disagree, that is your opinion, but we can still be friends.
- Let's get back to being positive and talk about something else. Little Miss Hayden turned 4-months-old today.
- A thank you to Vernal for not being a dick today and giving us some Spring weather. 65 degrees and sunshine. I will take it.
- "The Walking Dead" finale was great and so was the finale of "Southland." Looking forward to their triumphant returns.
- Only 10 more days until Kyle turns 3. Really blows my mind that he is going to be that old.
- Well that is all for today, folks. Thank you for visiting, and hope to see you again real soon.
I had this picture up briefly yesterday on the blog but then I remembered I needed it for today since I had to promote Hayden and her being 4-months-old.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
We'll protect ya until you're born... but after that you're on your own. No help if you can't afford food. No help if you lose your job. No protection of the water you drink or air you breathe. No minimum wage. No health care if you get sick.ReplyDelete
Yeah. You're right about the politics. As someone said on my blog the other day, the problem is that the sane people are lazy and the crazy people vote in droves.ReplyDelete
Can we all vote? Please? Not the crazies. The sanes.
Hey- your daughter is like a confection. She's sugar and spice and all things nice personified.
And I can't believe that your boy is about to be three. Damn! Time does fly!
With the Internet outage here, I spent the time looking at old photos of my boy. It's hard to adjust toReplyDelete
The fact he'll be three this year too. But as I've said to you before, somehow I always end up looking at you to go first.
She is just so precious! Cute outfit too. And it does not seem possible that Kyle is already 3 at all. I remember before and after he was born.ReplyDelete
I agree the law should leave religion out of things and it should also not force people to go against their religion. I don't see why people can't leave each other alone on these issues. Both sides keep trying to force the other side to comply with their wishes. I don't like politics.
Agreed, religion and politics DO NOT MIX.ReplyDelete
I cannot believe Hayden is 4 months old, nor that Kyle is coming up 3. Time goes too fast for me.
The picture of Hayden is absolutely wonderful. She is so pretty and cute, I could cuddle her forever.
So beautiful! And I totally agree with you on the other stuff.ReplyDelete
3 years old! you'll be coaching soccer and baseball before you know it.ReplyDelete
Hayden!? Wow YES!!! I have been gone too long!!!ReplyDelete
She's a beauty Shife!!!