- I have a little surprise for everyone in March. Any guesses? Well whoever said frontal nudity is the big winner. That is right you will all be receiving junk mail from me. You get it. Junk mail. Alright, I am just kidding about the frontal nudity and junk mail, but I do have something planned for March.
- If you are looking for a movie recommendation, I endorse the documentary "Buck."
- There is some serious false advertising going on with the greeting cards labeled "Funny Birthday." I have a good sense of humor but I think me and my good friend Jack Daniels would have to thin the herd quite a but before I found some of those cards worthwhile.
- If we don't learn from The History Channel, then we are doomed to watch repeats on The History Channel.
- I am not a Democrat or Republican, but after watching all of the GOP debates I am 100% sure I will not be a Republican anytime soon. I also saw this bumper sticker today that reinforced that thought: "Nobody died when Clinton lied."
- Love is a human experience not a political statement.
- And Mrs. Shife and I will be living to fight another day. We went all in with Kyle and potty training last week. It went really well for 3 to 4 days but now it has just become a battle of wills and that is just going to end badly. He just is not ready yet so we will try again in a few weeks.
- Finally I took off the word verification because it is really hard reading some of those words. I feel like I need to get a Master's degree in hieroglyphics to understand them.
Have a great weekend, and thank you for stopping by.
I will persevere. I will keep moving forward. I will be the stream.
"Love is a human experience not a political stalemate."ReplyDelete
That's a beautiful thought and a wonderful way to express the disconnect going on presently.
I love your randomness! And what an adorable picuture with caption. Oh I remember potty training. My girl just was not interested until her friend Taylor came over and she was already pretty good at it. They both went in the bathroom, Taylor on the big potty and daughter on her little one and ta da, they both peed and it was success after that. Sometimes peer pressure can be good.ReplyDelete
Amen to all of that. And look at that little girl! I swear- she's just a peach.ReplyDelete
Keep on with it, Daddy Shife. You're doing good.
Miss Hayden is a STAR. I love her. I can't believe it's three months since she was born.ReplyDelete
A thought about the potty raining, maybe Kyle will be okay when Hayden is a little older.... get my meaning?
Now what's all this about Funny Birthday, and what is going to happen in March? I'm totally curious.
If we ignore politics will it go away? Have a great weekend.
I like your style, dude. Keep on streaming.ReplyDelete
Hayden looks like;ReplyDelete
"Three months already?"
"They'll be making me go to school before you know it!"
That is just the sweetest face!ReplyDelete
Ok... had a good laugh at junk mail.
I must be doomed to watch re-runs on the history channel because the man keeps tuning them in. =:/ Sometimes once is enough.
There is no one running for president that I want to vote for... including the president. How sad is that?
Good idea with taking a break with the potty war. Kyle will get there.
Don't worry, we're not even close to crossing the "potty training" bridge with Colin yet.ReplyDelete
I had a real comment ready and then I saw that adorable little baby picture and totally forgot anything else about the post. I love that baby! Your family is awesome!ReplyDelete
i promised sonny some real cools toys when he mastered potty training and it worked like a charm. of course that set the stage for reward motivation that continues 25 years later.ReplyDelete
the word verification deal is turned on. i blew it the first time.
Good stuff. The potty training can be brutal. I will say it's one of those areas where peer pressure can be an effective tool in the parental arsenal.ReplyDelete
Clinton might not have died, but tons of teens were a little confused. I had students actually tell me that oral is not sex. And that you can't get VD or a girl pregnant from it.
So I had to direct them to the school nurse to discuss hold a cold sore can become genital herpes. You should've seen the looks on those kids' faces...
You never, ever, say a lady age in front of her!ReplyDelete
Like the random thoughts!