- Caffeine update: I decided the grass is definitely not greener and will be riding the C-Train for a long time.
- It is cool that I am going to try and eat healthier but I need to have a few vices and caffeine and beer are not going anywhere anytime soon. I need my Mountain Dew and Miller High Life to reward myself for being a pretty good guy.
- Kyle's new phrase that pays is "I dump it" and he literally dumps it. He decided to take a can of juice and dump it all over the carpet during dinner this week. He never said it before and I guess we were not expecting to turn the can upside down. So after Mrs. Shife and I quit laughing, we decided it might be a good idea to be parents and inform Kyle that is not a good idea to dump it.
- Speaking of the little man, our goal - fingers and basset ears crossed - is to have him potty trained by the time the latest and greatest Shife arrives in November. We are bribing him with chocolate, and I am sure there is a book or two out there that recommends not doing this, but we are going to go down this path and we hope it turns out OK.
- I don't know where you stand on gay marriage but I don't have a problem with it. I don't like it when gay marriage opponents use the Bible as one of their main reasons as why they are against same-sex marriage. The Bible has a lot of stuff in it that is extremely outdated and this letter sums it up best. I hope you have some time to read this sarcastic awesomeness.
- Finally I will be off the grid next week so no blog update but I will talk to you in 2 weeks and I will have a nice surprise to share with you. Have a wonderful rest of your week and enjoy your Labor Day weekend. Stay awesome my friends.
Here he is doing what he does best and that is smiling and laughing. I am going to do my best to make sure he keeps that positive attitude for as long as possible.
Dang, two weeks? Okay. I can deal. I guess.ReplyDelete
Liam's potty training went by so quietly I hardly even remember it. I asked him was he ready to do like the rest of us and he said yes and off we went. At least, that's what I remember. I may have blocked it out, you know.
Yeah, two weeks is a long time to wait for the next update, but on this occasion I'll forgive you. Hope the potty training goes well. My lad was asked if he wanted to act like a grown up and he did so that was that. No upset, no mess. Brilliant. Looking forward to the surprise.ReplyDelete
I think you made the right decision on the caffeine and beer. It helps me to stay on the straight and narrow if it's not too straight and too narrow.ReplyDelete
I agree with you on gay marriage, it's nobody's business but the individuals getting married. That letter was sarcastically awesome.
It always bugged me when politicians quoted the bible to put down gays, yet glossed right over the part that says adulterers should be put to death.
Anyway, have a good weekend, "see" you in two weeks.
i love the c-train and i'm loving all the different flavored coffees i've been trying.ReplyDelete
since i'm told that i might be gay drinking all the fruity coffee i'm pro gay marriage and think the bible could use a little fact checking one of these days.
I don't blame you for sticking on the caffeine. Unless a doctor says otherwise, you'll be fine.ReplyDelete
Enjoy the time away!
When that boy smiles it warms the world! Good luck with potty training. Perhaps you can incorporate "I dump it" into a potty activity. =:]ReplyDelete
Oh boy... I love surprises. Can't wait!
Can't wait for the surprise! I can't quit caffeine either. Impossible. I'm a crabby, evil Dr. Ken when I'm off the C.ReplyDelete
I think you are right in going with what you think will work for you. Books all say something different and if you tried to follow what each of them say you would never be able to do anything because they all contradict each other.ReplyDelete
Sorry about the caffeine. I am mostly back to it too. I was hoping I had kicked it but as you say, people need something and if this makes you happy what difference does it really make anyway.
I have relatives that use the bible for a reason of no gay marriage, and it takes everything in me not to tell them off. Of course Kristen and I have a lot of gay friends and it just steams me to no end. But for peace in the family sake I bite my tongue.ReplyDelete
You heading to the Idaho game?? If so have fun, you will like my prediction for the game just close your eyes when you get to what I say about Boise :)
That is a most awesome picture of your little man! Love laughter in pictures!ReplyDelete
I know a kid who was bribed with chocolate every time he pooped in the toilet. He learned to poop out m&m-sized poops. And go twenty times in one day.ReplyDelete
He turned out ok. Really.