- Caffeine update: I decided the grass is definitely not greener and will be riding the C-Train for a long time.
- It is cool that I am going to try and eat healthier but I need to have a few vices and caffeine and beer are not going anywhere anytime soon. I need my Mountain Dew and Miller High Life to reward myself for being a pretty good guy.
- Kyle's new phrase that pays is "I dump it" and he literally dumps it. He decided to take a can of juice and dump it all over the carpet during dinner this week. He never said it before and I guess we were not expecting to turn the can upside down. So after Mrs. Shife and I quit laughing, we decided it might be a good idea to be parents and inform Kyle that is not a good idea to dump it.
- Speaking of the little man, our goal - fingers and basset ears crossed - is to have him potty trained by the time the latest and greatest Shife arrives in November. We are bribing him with chocolate, and I am sure there is a book or two out there that recommends not doing this, but we are going to go down this path and we hope it turns out OK.
- I don't know where you stand on gay marriage but I don't have a problem with it. I don't like it when gay marriage opponents use the Bible as one of their main reasons as why they are against same-sex marriage. The Bible has a lot of stuff in it that is extremely outdated and this letter sums it up best. I hope you have some time to read this sarcastic awesomeness.
- Finally I will be off the grid next week so no blog update but I will talk to you in 2 weeks and I will have a nice surprise to share with you. Have a wonderful rest of your week and enjoy your Labor Day weekend. Stay awesome my friends.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
More Random Acts of Shifeness
Here he is doing what he does best and that is smiling and laughing. I am going to do my best to make sure he keeps that positive attitude for as long as possible.